- Table View
- List View
After being the Philadelphia police force's most popular investigative reporter, Kelly Robolo becomes known as "Typhoid Kelly." During a Chinatown shakedown, Kelly, who was shot, inadvertently caused the death of an underground cop. The cops harass her with undeserved tickets and graffiti at her home. Kelly's best friend Victoria Bowman asks her to look into the disappearance of her faithful, adoring spouse Jonathan. Reluctantly, while still recovering, Kelly agrees. She tries to enlist the aid of police detective Nick McBride, but he rips her head off, still blaming her for the death of his partner. As the evidence piles up that Jonathan had a mistress in Miami, Nick sees a strong link to the homicide of his father last year. Nick joins forces with Kelly not knowing where their attraction for one another will go or where the investigation will lead. BLIND FAITH is a powerful suspense thriller. The story line is fast-paced, requiring a one-sitting read, as the audience will want to know what really happened. Kelly is a great heroine who readers will admire. Although Nick's change of heart occurs due to his learning that his partner was dirty, his ease of accepting Kelly seems too simple. Still, as a team, they are dynamic. Christiane Heggan shows why she is so popular with fans with this taut investigative thriller.
30 years ago, a woman accused of killing her husband placed her newborn daughter on a convent's steps and staged her own death. She leaves behind a mystery that will rock a family 3 decades later...
Attorney Kate Logan needs a high-profile case to jump-start her fledgling private D.C. practice. So when she's asked to represent the prime suspect in the Molly Buchanan murder, the opportunity seems too good to pass up. Two years earlier,Todd Buchanan, son of a powerful Washington family, fled the country in a desperate attempt to avoid being arrested for his wife's murder. Now he wants to clear his name--and he wants Kate to do it. But the case comes with a price--for the victim is the sister of detective Mitch Calhoon, the new man in Kate's life. Now Kate is faced with a harrowing choice. Convinced a miscarriage of justice has occurred, she accepts the case and enters the powerful corridors of the nation's capital, where secrets remain hidden at all costs--even if it means murder. But time is running out and the moment of truth has arrived....
When her ex-husband is murdered, Jenna Mayerson decides to investigate. With the help of PI Frank Renaldi, Jenna delves into a deadly game of corporate espionage.
When Philadelphia assistant district attorney Sydi gets an urgent late-night call from her best friend, she can't help but wonder what kind of investigative journalist Lily Gilmore has gotten this time. But exasperation soon turns to fear. Armed with only her determination, Sydney delves deep into Lily's two latest high-profile cases-with shocking results. But when Jake Sloan, an enigmatic stranger, conies to her aid, Sydney slowly realizes that Lily's disappearance is more complicated than she ever imagined. In a perilous race against the clock, Jake and Sydney must uncover a kidnapper's motives...before the search is too late.
Museum curator Grace McKenzie is shocked when she receives word that her ex-fiancé, Steven Hatfield, has been murdered. In his will, Steven has left her his art gallery in New Hope, Pennsylvania. Anticipating that she would turn down the bequest, he asked that she spend a week at the gallery before making her final decision. Motivated by a sense of duty to a man she once loved, Grace agrees to go to New Hope for one week.She isn't the only person drawn to the small town. FBI agent Matt Baxter has returned to his hometown for one reason only-to clear his father of a bogus murder charge. While he and Grace seek answers, they discover that beneath the surface of this charming, peaceful town lies an old secret a few of its citizens would rather keep buried. And when their search takes an unexpected turn, they have only hours to find out where the truth lies-or be buried with it.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.