OLD TESTAMENT HEROES and heroines come alive as real people in this new book. The stories of Samson, Deborah, David, and many others are told in a simple yet entertaining way, brought to life with lush, colorful artwork.
Young readers will enjoy these exciting Bible stories about kids not so different from themselves. From the story of David defeating Goliath with his slingshot, to Miriam, who watched over her baby brother, Moses, as he lay in his basket in the bulrushes, this Little Golden Book has something for both boys and girls and is a great introduction to Bible stories.
. . . She comes in the middle of the night, when everyone is sleeping. When she sees a smooth little head on a pillow, she can't resist giving it a cow kiss--sluuurrrp! Cowlick! gives young readers an imaginative and playful explanation for the "bedhead" that afflicts us all!
Three favorite Little Golden Book Bible stories (Bible Heroes; Bible Stories of Boys and Girls; and Miracles of Jesus) are presented in their entirety in a quality hardcover volume. At only $6.99, it's perfect for Eastertime gift-giving! Featuring the classic tales of David and Goliath, Samson, Moses, Ruth, Jesus' miracle of the loaves and fishes, and more--this is the perfect "first book" of Bible stories. From the Hardcover edition.
Completely redesigned for today's young investigative reader, A True Book is an indispensable addition to any collection. Each book guides readers through the facts that nurture their need to know.
Presents information about soil, including its composition, properties, and some of its uses.
What Women Should Know about Facing Fear: Finding Freedom from Anxious Thoughts, Nagging Worries, and Crippling Fearsby Christin Ditchfield
Imagine what women's lives could be without those anxious thoughts, nagging worries, and crippling fears. What if they could finally become the women they were created to be?Women don't have to be held captive by their fears! The very fear that has held them back can become the force that propels them forward to a deeper faith and a more intimate relationship with God.Author Christin Ditchfield knows what it is to be bound by fear--and to be set free. Sharing from her own personal experiences and the life-changing truths of Scripture, she helps readers:> Recognize the stranglehold that fear can be and break free from its destructive power.> Identify their unhealthy responses to fear and discover more effective strategies.> Find courage to face their fears head on and conquer them.> And, experience for themselves the "the perfect love that casts out fear" and know true Peace.
What Women Should Know About Letting It Go: Breaking Free from the Power of Guilt, Discouragement, and Defeatby Christin Ditchfield
You can choose to let the past define and confine you--or you can let it refine you. This liberating new book by Christin will help you make the choice to let it go and leave it behind you.You may be weighed down by feelings of guilt, discouragement, and defeat and unable to live the abundant life. You don't have to stay stuck in this endless cycle any longer. You have a choice!Sharing from her own personal experiences and the life-changing truths of Scripture, Christin Ditchfield helps you:* Identify the things that are holding you back, keeping you from living the life for which you were created!* Break free from your unhealthy thought patterns, attitudes, and behaviors.* Learn from past failures and mistakes--and then learn to let them go!* Hold on to the grace, peace, joy, hope, and freedom that is already yours in Jesus!
Ideal for today's young investigative reader, the book is about the different types of wood and the processes wood goes through.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.