- Table View
- List View
The pain you suffer from fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) is not in your imagination. FMS is a real medical problem that can be as debilitating and demoralizing as it is mysterious. Fibromyalgia For Dummies, Second Edition, brings you the latest scientific findings on the symptoms and causes of this disease and guides you toward proven, practical steps you can take reduce or eliminate FMS-related pain.This plain-English guide is fully updated with the latest fibromyalgia treatment options, and evaluations of new medications that have shown great promise in reducing pain. You'll discover how to spot an array of symptoms and their possible causes, work with your physician to develop a treatment plan, and manage your pain at home and in the office. You'll learn how to:Identify your FMS trigger pointsCope with chronic pain and sleep problemsFind medications that work for youLocate a physician who can really help youMake healing lifestyle changesUse hands-on therapies to alleviate painFind effective over-the-counter and prescription medicationsChoose among alternative therapies and treatmentsReduce the emotional distress caused by FMSHelp a child with FMSFeaturing moving and inspiring stories from fellow FMS sufferers who share their stories and offer invaluable tips on working your way back to wellness, Fibromyalgia for Dummies, Second Edition offers serious and sensitive guidance to help you overcome FMS and start being yourself again.
Hearing that you have prostate cancer, or even that you may have it, is very scary. But this disease, in many cases, is curable. Even if you have advanced cancer that's spread beyond the prostate, many treatments help extend your life for years. You need good information to help you with the decisions that lie ahead, and this book provides you with this information. Prostate Cancer For Dummies can help you if You have prostate cancer (or you think that you have it), or someone close to you has it. You want information on treatments for prostate cancer as you form a treatment plan with your doctor. You are curious about alternative therapies for prostate cancer. You want to know what actions you can take over the long-term to continue to fight your prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer For Dummies explains the key issues and problems that are associated with prostate cancer, and assures you that although the initial impact of being diagnosed is devastating, you can take action to extend your life. You don't have to read this book from the first page straight on through, although you can. You may want to read the first chapter and then move to the chapters that affect you the most. In Prostate Cancer For Dummies, you'll gain insight into Discovering the key symptoms of prostate cancer Recognizing the risk factors, and who's most likely to have prostate cancer Getting a diagnosis, and what's involved Getting well again, and how you can work with your doctor to come up with a plan to cope with your cancer Changing your lifestyle to decrease your risk of a recurrence Coping with the aftermath, from temporary to permanent side effects Handling work and family, and how to help others understand what you're going through It's extremely hard to hear from your doctor that you or a loved one has prostate cancer. But after you recover from the initial shock of diagnosis, you need to educate yourself, and, with the help of your physician, make a plan for getting the best treatment possible. Prostate Cancer For Dummies will help you achieve these goals and encourage you to maintain your commitment to managing your health.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.