- Table View
- List View
This book contains well over 100 Christmas poems--old and new, traditional and modern--and features four sections, starting in winter, moving through Advent, and exploring the Nativity and the heart of the Christmas season and ending with the arrival of spring. It is the perfect anthology for Christmas, The Oxford Book of Christmas Poems contains a wide range of poems, old and new, well loved and less familiar. A whole host of poets are here including Ted Hughes, John Betjeman, T. S. Eliot, Walter de la Mare, Charles Causley, Dylan Thomas, W. H. Auden and Roger McGough -- along with traditional verses and carols. The Index is included. Adaptations have been made to preserve the format for Braille, auditory and print readers. Page Numbers reflect the book content and hard page breaks. A few pages were presented on two pages because of their great length labeled, for example, 157 Part A and 157 Part B. Contains British spelling and many uniquely spelled words and punctuation devised by the authors to fit their poetry. Also contains antiquated language. The poems, contents Index have been proofread word by word and spell checked. Expect unusual words like: snowful, Haie-aie, Sem, wot, and smit, yeeres, boyes and tending. The Bookshare collection also contains The Oxford Book of Christmas Stories.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.