- Table View
- List View
In the mountains of Colorado, a small town called Angel's End welcomes everyone with open arms--even a man fleeing his past... Wounded and on the run, Cade Gentry stumbles into a kind man who's on his way to become the new pastor of Angel's End. But not long after Timothy Key takes him in, Cade's enemies catch up with him, and the young pastor is killed in the crossfire. Cade survives, stealing Timothy's identity to escape, and arrives in Angel's End on the brink of death. Leah Findley is the sheriff's widow, trying to make ends meet for herself and her son. Having the new minister as a boarder will help, but she isn't expecting him to be wounded when he arrives. And she definitely isn't expecting the feelings that the new preacher stirs deep inside her. The more time Cade spends with Leah, the deeper he falls in love. To Cade, she's an angel who's saved his life and given him the sense of hope he's never known. But he's not the man she thinks he is, and before he can find permanent shelter in Leah's arms, he must learn to have faith and put his former sins to rest...
As a hard winter on the Colorado mountainside finally yields to spring, more than snow is melting in Angel's End... To Cassie Parker, Colorado is the farthest point on earth from the dusty, troubled life she left behind in Texas. Here she has a birthright--her grandfather's land not far from town--and a chance at a promising new start. And Jake Reece certainly is promising. There's never been a day in Jake's life that he didn't work harder than anyone else, and he's got a thousand head of cattle and the ranch of his wildest dreams to prove it. Yet winter has a way of making even the most independent of men long for more. That must be why he's so drawn to the strange, secretive beauty who's taken up on the Parker land. But when Cassie runs afoul of the local cattleman's association--with Jake at the helm--what started as sparks ignites into a full blaze. And things in Angel's End are about to really heat up...
A British officer with a tormented past finds his true love, but not without losing a hard-fought battle, a much-prized horse, and his heart.
Fleeing the strife and poverty of his homeland, a highland warrior founds a dynasty in the American colonies when he wins the hand of the governor's daughter.
The continuing saga of the Kincaid family's tragedies and triumphs as they struggle to tame the wild frontier and survive the final days of the Civil War.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.