- Table View
- List View
Since 1922, the name Emily Post has represented good manners based on kindness, courtesy, and unselfishness. Today, the third generation of Post authors, Peggy Post and Cindy Post Senning, offers the children of the twenty-first century a comprehensive guide to good manners. This book is full of the simple, practical advice that Emily herself would have offered. Written with kids in mind and full of bold illustrations, emily post's the guide to good manners for kids is a reference guide that children will use and parents can trust. It covers just about every situation a kid will face: writing thank-you notes attending after-school events using the Internet safely speaking -- politely -- on cell phones participating in weddings helping out at home Emily Post's The Guide to Good Manners for Kids has all the information on etiquette busy children -- and busy parents -- will need as they go about their daily lives.
Which fork do I use? How do you use chopsticks? Is it okay to answer my cell phone during dinner? What is the polite way to eat spaghetti? These and other important questions are answered in this handy guide to eating without grossing people out. Pretty much everything you need to know to get you through any meal is here-from table settings, to eating tricky foods, to holding up your end of a dinner conversation. Written by two codirectors of The Emily Post Institute, the most trusted name in etiquette, Emily Post's Table Manners for Kids isn't just for fancy parties and dinner at your grandmother's house. It's got basic information you can use every day to improve your social life.
America's most trusted name in etiquette provides this comprehensive guide to teaching manners to children of all ages. Features chapters on values and ethics, respect for self and others, and spoken and written communication. Includes practical examples on incorporating matters at school and with friends.
So, you've hit your teen years, and suddenly your social calendar is booked. There's homecoming, sweet sixteens, sports games, prom, graduation, and all the parties in between. You are so excited, but you have a lot of questions, too. Who asks and who pays for a date? Can you dance with someone other than the person you came with? How do you throw a good party? What should you wear to the prom?! Relax and let Emily Post, the most trusted name in etiquette, be your guide. Prom and Party Etiquette will help you navigate your social life and be more confident at the parties you attend. Knowing what to do makes it easier to enjoy all your celebrations to the fullest-and having fun is what a party is really about!
Let's face it, how we behave is a choice, and as you move into adult life, the choices get more complicated. You are out in the world, meeting all kinds of people and going different places on your own. Questions of etiquette seem to pop up everywhere you go: What's the latest on cell phone use and netiquette? How can you make a good impression at college and job interviews? What fork do you use? How do you attach a boutonniere without sticking your prom date? And what is a boutonniere, anyway? Not to worry, help is at hand! Teen Manners: From Malls to Meals to Messaging and Beyond is a useful guide that answers questions that come up in real life from the most trusted name in etiquette: Emily Post.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.