In today's fast-paced world, our lives are full of ceaseless change. Whether it is a child going off to college, a loved one stricken with an illness, or conflict between friends or family members, many moments -- both joyful and sorrowful -- demand more from us than we can give. At those times, prayer can be the answer, if only we can find the right words. Now with this collection of beautiful prayers drawn directly from the Bible and eloquently interpreted for our lives today, we can take strength from the... From the Song of Solomon to the lamentations of Job to the Magnificat of Mary, this book shows how these sacred passages reflect actual human experience and can guide us to the right prayer at the right time. With every verse, the author compares the lives and times of biblical characters to real-life people today, revealing how each prayer can be applied to our lives. She also offers new, contemporary prayers along with each scriptural citation to help us find the wisdom and truth in these timeless words of supplication, adoration, thanksgiving, and celebration. Entertaining and enriching, full of insight into both biblical text and the spiritual challenge of modern life, 101 Most Powerful Prayers in the Bible has the warmth and insight of a fireside chat with a deep and trusted friend. At the same time, it is a guide to the true effectiveness of prayer and to the greatest human achievement of all: to be able to speak directly to God, and to hear Him speak back to us. Book jacket.
Fed up with overeating?All strung out from yo-yo-dieting?Maybe it's time for a new approach.Faithfully Fit is not a diet, not an exercise plan. It won't tell you how much you ought to weigh or what your heart rate should be or how many miles you should walk to burn up three cookies and a slice of cheesecake. It offers no quick fixes or miracle cures.Instead, Faithfully Fit offers motivation, encouragement, and inspiration to help you change from the inside out-the only kind of change that lasts.Complete with forty-two daily meditations, scripture readings, encouraging affirmations, and practical activities, this unique book provides day-to-day spiritual support for your eating and exercise efforts.An ideal companion for your favorite eating or exercise program, this book also provides daily uplift for those who aren't dieting or "working out"-just trying to make healthy eating and regular exercise a part of their lives. However you use it, Faithfully Fit is guaranteed to give you hope, courage, challenge, insight, and humor on the long road (this timeyou will make it!) from overeating to overcoming.
The Promise of Love for a Lifetime God alone knows fully the hopes and dreams that nestle within the hearts of two souls who promise to honor and cherish one another "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part. " And He also knows that only a firm commitment to those vows will fulfill their dreams for a lifetime of love. In this engaging book, author Claire Cloninger reflects on the promises a couple makes on their wedding day and explores what those words really mean when it comes to the daily grind and unanticipated difficulties of life. Along the way, she shares the inspiring stories of numerous real-life couples whose commitment to those vows has bound them together through staggering challenges and drawn them toward a love that grows deeper with each passing year. With a refreshing blend of wisdom and humor,Making "I Do" Last a Lifetimewill show you how to nurture your own romance and keep the passion burning all the way to forever.
Healing messages from God's Word are quoted and coupled with a personalized letter, paraphrased from Scripture, from God to you. These love-letters are written especially for the bruised and brokenhearted.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.