- Table View
- List View
Because she has shown her mastery of the red tongue, Ratha now leads the Named. she oversees the Firekeepers --- members of the clan with a special charge --- and the rituals, herding, and governance; but she often wonders if the power of fire has corrupted them all. when orange-eyes, a politically astute newcomer, joins the clan, Ratha is forced to decide how she will keep control --- or if she wants to keep control of the clan at all.
Crippled and tortured by paralyzing nightmares, Newt, a solitary cat, finds a new life for herself with the strange tusked creatures of the seashore. Until her peaceful existence is disrupted by Ratha's scout Thakur, who brings welcome companionship but also forces Newt to face her terrifying past.
An encounter with a group of unusual cats helps bring Ratha, leader of the prehistoric cat clan called the Named, and her estranged daughter Thistle to a better understanding of each other.
Ratha and her clan, the Named, are sentient prehistoric big cats. In Ratha's Courage, the fifth book in the Named series, Ratha extends the use of the Red Tongue (fire) to a hunter tribe.
Ratha and her clan are the Named, a band of intelligent wild cats whose society is based on herding deer. The Named have laws, language, traditions, and leaders. they also have enemies. The predatory raiders of the un-Named are driving them close to the edge of survival. Then Ratha, a mere yearling, discovers what she calls the "red tongue" Fire. Her new weapon gives the Named a new defense, but it also rouses the ire of Meoran, the tyrannical clan leader. Soon Ratha finds herself in exile among the un-Named, but determined to survive.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.