Like many lesbians, Claudia Bepko was a young woman when she first admitted to having homosexual feelings--but it took a lifeless heterosexual marriage and a fierce attraction to a female colleague before she was able to live openly in a relationship with another woman. In this moving memoir she relives the painful and poignant awakenings she experienced in her early life: from her blue-collar Catholic upbringing to her confusing college days, during the height of the sexual revolution, when she encountered her first male and female lovers. Having built a career in the early years of the women's movement, she found the courage to question her heterosexuality. Approaching middle age in the midst of "lesbian chic," she finds herself finally able to move from an identity shrouded in otherness to a life that celebrates the freedom and normalcy of loving whomever one is destined to love.
Written for clinical therapists working with families where alcohol abuse is an issue.
In the bestselling tradition of The Dance of Anger, a compassionate and insightful guide that shows women how they can learn to feel good about who they are and what they do.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.