- Table View
- List View
Mages' GamesNetheril, empire of magic, where wizards wield power far beyond the ken of mortal men.Netheril, where citadels float, magic runs wild, and mages dabble in games better left for the gods.Netheril, a place of dangerous games where the barbarian Sunbright Steelshanks soon finds himself an unwilling pawn in a lethal match of wits, wiles, and powers.
Alex learns about her father's "wild youth" and learns something about herself in the bargain.
This novel in 7 parts explores the mean streets of a city where everything has its price and even the wealthiest families will do anything to survive.
Endgame . . .The Netherese Empire will collapse in five generations.A forgotten foe, armed with a hell-spawned source of destructive magic, returns to seek her revenge, and a lost love is found in a most unexpected place.Against a backdrop of war and chaos, the barbarian Sunbright struggles to carve out a niche for himself -- and his people -- in a rapidly changing world.
Sir Guy rushed Marian. He wore fine chain mail to the wrist and heavy horsehide gloves. He fended the woman back with his sword, then lashed out with his fist and hit her in the jaw, caught her by her black hair, yanked her forward and cuffed her again. "Marian Fitzooth," he breathed in her face, "it's over. Your husband is led astray. Your home burns. The children in the woods are dead. And you are mine!" Marian glared hatred in the wild torchlight as she felt underneath her for a dagger. The lord gestured with his chin to the cowed women and child and the sick man on the bed. "Kill them." The author of this book donated a digital copy to Bookshare.org. Join us in thanking Clayton Emery for providing his accessible digital book to this community.
Lurking in the ruins is a horrific tale of greed, power, and revenge. The Protector crawls forth, the shade of a dead city whose rulers refuse to die, and young companions in two distant epochs learn of a dreadful destiny they cannot escape . . . and a deadly threat to all they hold dear.The Lost Empires series uncovers the secrets of the ancient civilizations of the Forgotten Realms world. Why did Cursrah fall? Who was the Star of Cursrah? And how can a long-dead city threaten the modern realm of Calimshan? Uncover the secrets for yourself - if you dare.
Wizard's WagerThousands of years before the Age of Elminster, dragons rule the skies of Faerûn, and elves dominate the huge forests that cover the land. Only in the mighty, magical empire of Netheril are men a force to be reckoned with.Bored and haughty in his midair castle, the Netherese mage Candlemas bets fellow wizard Sysquemalyn that a certain barbarian who has caught his eye can survive the most savage tests his friend -- and deadly rival -- can devise. The only rule: The tests must offer the subject some chance to survive, however slight.Of course, "playing fair" is a concept as alien to the wizards of Netheril as "mercy."But the subject of their wager, Sunbright Steelshanks of the Rengarth Tribe, has a mind -- and a will -- of his own. And Candlemas and Sysquemalyn are not the only players in this lethal game of swords and sorcery . . .
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.