- Table View
- List View
Mages' GamesNetheril, empire of magic, where wizards wield power far beyond the ken of mortal men.Netheril, where citadels float, magic runs wild, and mages dabble in games better left for the gods.Netheril, a place of dangerous games where the barbarian Sunbright Steelshanks soon finds himself an unwilling pawn in a lethal match of wits, wiles, and powers.
Alex learns about her father's "wild youth" and learns something about herself in the bargain.
This novel in 7 parts explores the mean streets of a city where everything has its price and even the wealthiest families will do anything to survive.
Endgame . . .The Netherese Empire will collapse in five generations.A forgotten foe, armed with a hell-spawned source of destructive magic, returns to seek her revenge, and a lost love is found in a most unexpected place.Against a backdrop of war and chaos, the barbarian Sunbright struggles to carve out a niche for himself -- and his people -- in a rapidly changing world.
Sir Guy rushed Marian. He wore fine chain mail to the wrist and heavy horsehide gloves. He fended the woman back with his sword, then lashed out with his fist and hit her in the jaw, caught her by her black hair, yanked her forward and cuffed her again. "Marian Fitzooth," he breathed in her face, "it's over. Your husband is led astray. Your home burns. The children in the woods are dead. And you are mine!" Marian glared hatred in the wild torchlight as she felt underneath her for a dagger. The lord gestured with his chin to the cowed women and child and the sick man on the bed. "Kill them." The author of this book donated a digital copy to Bookshare.org. Join us in thanking Clayton Emery for providing his accessible digital book to this community.
Lurking in the ruins is a horrific tale of greed, power, and revenge. The Protector crawls forth, the shade of a dead city whose rulers refuse to die, and young companions in two distant epochs learn of a dreadful destiny they cannot escape . . . and a deadly threat to all they hold dear.The Lost Empires series uncovers the secrets of the ancient civilizations of the Forgotten Realms world. Why did Cursrah fall? Who was the Star of Cursrah? And how can a long-dead city threaten the modern realm of Calimshan? Uncover the secrets for yourself - if you dare.
Wizard's WagerThousands of years before the Age of Elminster, dragons rule the skies of Faerûn, and elves dominate the huge forests that cover the land. Only in the mighty, magical empire of Netheril are men a force to be reckoned with.Bored and haughty in his midair castle, the Netherese mage Candlemas bets fellow wizard Sysquemalyn that a certain barbarian who has caught his eye can survive the most savage tests his friend -- and deadly rival -- can devise. The only rule: The tests must offer the subject some chance to survive, however slight.Of course, "playing fair" is a concept as alien to the wizards of Netheril as "mercy."But the subject of their wager, Sunbright Steelshanks of the Rengarth Tribe, has a mind -- and a will -- of his own. And Candlemas and Sysquemalyn are not the only players in this lethal game of swords and sorcery . . .
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.