- Table View
- List View
What do you want to know about sex? Information about sex is everywhere. But what you learn from TV, movies, the internet, and friends is not always a healthy or accurate view of sexuality. Now revised and updated with current facts, Joanna Cole's Asking About Sex & Growing Up is the perfect book to provide answers to questions about sex. Writing especially for preteens, the author uses a question-and-answer format to offer straightforward information on a wide variety of subjects related to sex and puberty.
A collection of over 200 folk and fairy tales from all over the world, this is the only edition that encompasses all cultures. Arranged geographically by region, this book also includes category index groups that list the stories by plot and character.
Big Eddie is nothing but a big bully. He pushes Arlo in a puddle. He throws Robby's mitt away. He even steals their soda. Arlo and Robby are sick of being picked on. But how can they get back at Big Eddie? The boys in this book don't just cry about their trouble. They don't have to fight with him to make Eddie the bully stop. They make a surprise for Eddie that will end their bully troubles. They show that little boys can be clever and get the upper hand over bigger, badder, kids. This book would be enjoyed especially by kids one through three, but is written so that kids who find reading frustrating will be able to read it happily, without struggling. Pictures are described. They add details and humor to the story.
Ms. Frizzle's class needs a mascot for its soccer team. Phoebe suggests a butterfly, but everyone else thinks that's a dumb idea.
Learn all about different types of dinosaurs and what their world was like and how they lived.
This fun and exciting book tells about many canine heroes. From Barry the dog who saved lives, to the dog who went and ran the owners company. Definitely a good chuckle for any dog lover.
Did you know there were sharks on earth even before the dinosaurs? Did you know the dwarf shark is no bigger than your hand? Did you know sharks never stop swimming and never go to sleep? You can find out all about sharks in this book!
Warm, loving pictures accompany this upbeat look at how a family grows when a new baby comes home. A companion volume to I'm a Big Brother.
Small enough to squeeze through power lines, Ms. Frizzle's class learns how electric current travels through the town, lights up a light bulb, heats up a toaster, and runs an electric motor. Fans of the Magic School Bus won't be left behind by this simple and informative introduction to the generation and distribution of electricity. This book has picture descriptions.Also please note: where the book has two dashes instead of an em dash, I left two dashes; where the book has an em dash, I made an em dash.
Ms. Frizzle's class is having a hard time putting together a giant globe of the world. A piece is missing. . . an island so new it hasn't been discovered yet! Before they know it, the kids are beneath the oceans's surface, exploring an underwater volcano. Join the class as they learn about volcanoes.
The students in Ms. Frizzle's class participate in a nighttime adventure that is complicated by the bus's new wings and a rumor that Ms. Frizzle is a vampire.
Ms. Frizzle is a grade school teacher who takes her class on fantastic field trips using her magic, metamorphosing school bus. In this installment, the class is heading for a visit at a weather forecasting center when they find themselves in the middle of a hurricane. Learning about weather and hurricanes ensues.
To celebrate its 20th anniversary, Scholastic is re-releasing the ten original Magic School Bus titles in paperback. With updated scientific information, the bestselling science series ever is back! Arnold has swallowed the Magic School Bus! Now, instead of seeing an exhibit of the human body at a museum, the class is taking a look at Arnold's stomach, his intestines, his bloodstream, and more from the inside on this heart-stopping fieldtrip - one the reluctant Arnold would be happy to miss.
The class takes the magic school bus to various animal habitats.
On a special field trip in the magic school bus, Ms. Frizzle's class goes into outer space and visits each planet in the solar system.
Ms. Fizzle and her class learn about colors and light inside a pinball machine.
Ms. Frizzle's class learns all about spiders.
From the back of the book: Rosie's manners are terrible. Rosie has green eyes that glow in the dark. She looks like a perfect little monster. But she isn't. Rosie doesn't growl or chew rocks. She is polite. "What will become of Rosie?" her parents worry. But Rosie surprises them all.
"Kangaroo child Norma Jean loves to jump. The problem is that her jumping gets out of hand, causing accidents and some ruffled feelings among her friends, and Norma stops her jumping entirely. But when the school's field-day games come up, Norma Jean is coaxed back into action long enough to win ribbons. Light, popular fare for beginning readers."--Booklist.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.