"Everyone knows the public Diana: the sweet, shy English girl with "a history but no past" who married the Prince of Wales in a storybook wedding. But what of Diana in private? Was she really just an innocent kindergarten teacher when she and Prince Charles got engaged? Was she truly in love with her fiance - and how did he feel about her? And what went on behind the palace gates after the honeymoon was over?" "While Diana's previous biographers have been firmly outside her inner circle, Lady Colin Campbell, with personal connections to European and British royalty, takes us inside that circle to bring us the first truly informed account of the Princess's life and marriage." "Here is Diana in intimate detail - from the child caught up in her parents' scandalous divorce, to the savvy flirt who captured a Prince. ("If she'd been a wild animal," confides a relative, "she'd have made an excellent hunter.") Here is the lonely teenager roller-skating through Buckingham Palace, and the newlywed who thought her new house in the Cotswolds a terrible comedown from her ancestral home. And here is Diana the woman - from her transformation into a famous beauty to the truth about her relationships with other men both before and after marriage." "With extraordinary candor and sympathy - and, above all, with an insider's understanding - Lady Colin Campbell goes beyond the myth of the fairytale princess to unveil the real Diana."--BOOK JACKET. Title Summary field provided by Blackwell North America, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.