- Table View
- List View
"There's an art to being anxious for nothing. There's an art to being at peace with God, your neighbor, your world, and yourself. Oh what a great friend, follower, and citizen you are if you are at peace just being you. Start there, and you can go anywhere. " -from the foreword by Charlie Peacock It's Not What You Do. It'sWho You Are. In today's achievement-oriented culture, it can feel impossible to separate who we are from what we accomplish. We introduce ourselves by announcing what wedofor a living. Endless "to do" lists drive us away from self-discovery and true contentment. We hope that our successes will cause our busyness to feel worthwhile, yet despite our accomplishments, we long for something more. Featuring original essays and stories from a diverse list of contributors including Jonathan Foreman (Switchfoot), Sara Groves, Matthew Odmark (Jars of Clay), Gloria Gaither, Don and Lori Chaffer (Waterdeep), Tammy Trent, and Linford Detweiler (Over the Rhine),The Art of Beingexplores what it really means to "be" who we are. Here you will find an encouraging, challenging companion on your journey toward discovering your true identity-and toward finding a satisfaction that lasts. Life Is Not a Resumé Higher bank balances, stylish clothes, and popularity among our peers may look impressive on the surface, but these things don't satisfy our craving for contentment. True satisfaction is found when our spirit is fed with a sense of purpose. The stories and reflections inThe Art of Beingwill inspire you to resist the disappointing pursuit of the temporal and explore a deeper understanding of who you are as the unique artwork of your Creator.
Frustrated by the often unrealistic standards of beauty presented by today's media, many women have become trapped in a never-ending pattern of chronic dieting. Daily they endure destructive self-talk such as "I can't eat that or I'll get fat" or "If I could just lose a few more pounds everything would be better. " Chronic dieters may be any shape or size but they have one thing in common: They are often left to suffer alone with an undiagnosed "sub-clinical" eating disorder. Such sub-clinical disorders include eating habits that are unusual, even unhealthy, but do not fit the technical classifications of anorexia or bulimia. Addressing the many dimension of "chronic dieting,"Life Inside the "Thin" Cageoffers a wake-up call and practical steps to those who need healing. Readers will find personal stories, insights into their secret patterns and habits, reassurance that they are not alone, checklists, self-tests, and, best of all, a new road to emotional, physical, mental and spiritual freedom.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.