"There's an art to being anxious for nothing. There's an art to being at peace with God, your neighbor, your world, and yourself. Oh what a great friend, follower, and citizen you are if you are at peace just being you. Start there, and you can go anywhere. " -from the foreword by Charlie Peacock It's Not What You Do. It'sWho You Are. In today's achievement-oriented culture, it can feel impossible to separate who we are from what we accomplish. We introduce ourselves by announcing what wedofor a living. Endless "to do" lists drive us away from self-discovery and true contentment. We hope that our successes will cause our busyness to feel worthwhile, yet despite our accomplishments, we long for something more. Featuring original essays and stories from a diverse list of contributors including Jonathan Foreman (Switchfoot), Sara Groves, Matthew Odmark (Jars of Clay), Gloria Gaither, Don and Lori Chaffer (Waterdeep), Tammy Trent, and Linford Detweiler (Over the Rhine),The Art of Beingexplores what it really means to "be" who we are. Here you will find an encouraging, challenging companion on your journey toward discovering your true identity-and toward finding a satisfaction that lasts. Life Is Not a Resumé Higher bank balances, stylish clothes, and popularity among our peers may look impressive on the surface, but these things don't satisfy our craving for contentment. True satisfaction is found when our spirit is fed with a sense of purpose. The stories and reflections inThe Art of Beingwill inspire you to resist the disappointing pursuit of the temporal and explore a deeper understanding of who you are as the unique artwork of your Creator.
Frustrated by the often unrealistic standards of beauty presented by today's media, many women have become trapped in a never-ending pattern of chronic dieting. Daily they endure destructive self-talk such as "I can't eat that or I'll get fat" or "If I could just lose a few more pounds everything would be better. " Chronic dieters may be any shape or size but they have one thing in common: They are often left to suffer alone with an undiagnosed "sub-clinical" eating disorder. Such sub-clinical disorders include eating habits that are unusual, even unhealthy, but do not fit the technical classifications of anorexia or bulimia. Addressing the many dimension of "chronic dieting,"Life Inside the "Thin" Cageoffers a wake-up call and practical steps to those who need healing. Readers will find personal stories, insights into their secret patterns and habits, reassurance that they are not alone, checklists, self-tests, and, best of all, a new road to emotional, physical, mental and spiritual freedom.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.