- Table View
- List View
Data on Blindness and Visual Impairment in the U. S.: A Resource Manual on Social Demographic Characteristics, Education, Employment and Income, and Services Delivery (2nd edition)by Corinne Kirchner
Data from a wide variety of sources cover age, gender, race and ethnicity, education, employment and income, service delivery systems, vision services, employment-related services, and income benefits program.
Looking at Employment Through a Lifespan Telescope: Age, Health, and Employment Status of People with Serious Visual Impairmentby Corinne Kirchner Emilie Schmeidler Alexander Todorov
This book gathers representative survey data from the legally blind population on employment issues, and analyzes it using a lifespan perspective (considering age, career stage, and age-at-onset of visual impairment), which is critical to understanding widely different employment issues for subgroups of the blind and visually impaired population.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.