- Table View
- List View
A collection of low-calorie recipes for weight-conscious readers. This cookbook covers everything from simple, one-dish meals to planning a party.
If you're serious about healthy eating,The Complete Book of Food Countshas long been recognized as the most authoritative book on the market. This phenomenal two-million copy bestseller, now completely revised and updated for the fourth edition, is the most comprehensive food count guide on the market. In it you will find: calorie counts carbohydrate gramscholesterol milligramssodium milligramsprotein gramsfat gramsfiber grams So whether you're counting calories or fat grams, boosting fiber or watching your salt intake, this reliable one-volume reference provides the latest nutritional information on the largest possible variety of brand-name and common foods. From Abalone to Zucchini, from fat-free cookies to fast-food pizza, all of the essential food counts are here in the book that belongs on every shelf.
KEEP TRACK OF YOUR ACTIVITY-AND SEE THE RESULTS! Exercise plays a crucial role in weight loss and healthy living-and now staying fit is easier with this handy, portable two-page-per-day activity diary. Just keep track of your daily spare-time activities, both sedentary and active- and follow your progress day by day. You'll be able to spot and eliminate trouble areas at a glance-with the book that helps you convert sedentary time to active time! * An easy, efficient system for recording your daily activities for up to 8 full weeks * A weekly progress report to keep you motivated * Includes a concise calorie counter for quick reference * Valuable tips and information to help you increase your activity * Space for writing notes, your food intake, exercise schedules, and more!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.