- Table View
- List View
A dramatic and powerful novel that explores the gray space between truth and perception.Cheater. Traitor. Slut. Quinn's done the unthinkable: she kissed a guy who is not Carey, her boyfriend. And she got caught. Shunned by everyone she knows, Quinn loses her friends, her reputation, and her identity. Because Carey's not just any guy--he's a Marine who's serving overseas, and beloved by everyone in their small, military town. But Quinn didn't cheat. She could clear her name, but that would mean revealing secrets she's vowed to keep--secrets that aren't hers to share. So she stays silent, and waits for Carey to come home. Then Carey goes MIA, and Quinn must decide how far she'll go to protect her boyfriend...and her promise.
Nobody hides forever. Ever since Remy O'Malley discovered her dual identity as a Healer and a Protector, she's kept alive by staying one step ahead of both sides in this centuries-old war. Now someone's trying to draw her out of hiding, using her kidnapped father as bait. To save him, Remy will need every friend she's got. But as new alliances form, old bonds fray. Her boyfriend Asher is losing his powers, becoming more mortal every time she touches him. Meanwhile, Remy finds herself growing closer to Asher's brother Gabe, even as a family tragedy drives her sister Lucy farther away. On a rescue mission to London, Remy decides she's tired of being the hunted. It's time to end this war once and for all, as Protectors and Healers alike hurtle towards a final, violent confrontation that not everyone will survive. Praise for Corrine Jackson's Touched"A taut page-turner. . . Teens will thrill to the romantic tension of an attraction so destructive the couple can barely touch. " --VOYA"The characters are so realistic; you can't help but imagine yourself as one of them. Thrilling and chilling!" --RT Book Reviews, 4 Stars
She didn't know how far she'd go--until she was pushed. Remy O'Malley was just learning to harness her uncanny healing power when she discovered the other, darker half of her bloodline. Now she lives trapped between two worlds, uneasy among her fellow Healers--and relentlessly hunted by the Protectors. Forced to conceal her dual identity, and the presence of her Protector boyfriend Asher Blackwell, Remy encounters a shadow community of Healers who will put her loyalties to the test. Pushed to the limit, with the lives of those she loves most on the line, Remy must decide whether to choose sides in a centuries-old war--or make the ultimate sacrifice and go to a place from which she may never return. . . Praise for Corrine Jackson's Touched"The first Sense Thieves novel does not disappoint. . . The characters are so realistic;you can't help but imagine yourself as one of them. Thrilling and chilling!" --RT Book Reviews, 4 Stars"A star-crossed romance highlights this series opener. . . Good suspense, imaginative premise. " --Kirkus
Time may not heal all wounds--but she can. You'd think being able to heal people with a touch would be a blessing. But to 17-year-old Remy O'Malley, it's more like a curse. Every injury Remy heals becomes her own. She lives in fear of the day she's forced to mend a wound from which she can't recover--and she's desperate to keep her amazing ability a secret. Enter Asher Blackwell, a scarred eighteen-year-old with dangerous powers of his own. Asher seems to know more about Remy's abilities than she does--and maybe more than he's letting on. If she opens up to him, she might find out what it truly means to be a Healer. But she'll also expose herself to capture by an old and very determined enemy. And if they catch her, they won't just injure her. They'll kill her. Corrine Jackson is a San Francisco transplant, having lived on both coasts from Southern California to New York City. For the last seven years, she has sharpened her marketing talents at Alcone Marketing, where she has won several industry awards. She has bachelor's and master's degrees in English, and is in her third year of Spalding University's MFA program. A recipient of a West Chester Poetry Conference scholarship, she is also the former Editor-in-Chief of two literary magazines, including Statement (CSU, Los Angeles) and Dash (CSU, Fullerton).
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.