- Table View
- List View
Fall is an ever-popular season for knitters, and with November Knits you can knit warm and stylish garments and accessories to make the season a little cozier. Popular knit designers and authors Courtney Kelley and Kate Gagnon Osborn join forces with all-star contributors, including Melissa LaBarre, Cirilia Rose, Cecily Glowik McDonald, Kristen TenDyke, and many more.Capture the essence of fall with 20 projects that range from casual cardigans and scarves to sweet, stylish wraps and sweaters.The book is divided into three moods:Farm Hands is the most casual design section, filled with rustic and durable garments to shield you through afternoons in a brisk wind.Ivy League features sophisticated and smart knitwear, featuring bolder colors and classic styling.Down Home is ideal for holidays and special occasions, bringing warmth and comfort to slightly dressier garments. These patterns feature elegant knitted lace, layered and worked for warmth.With knitted garments and accessories by expert designers, November Knits is a must-have resource.
Inspired by traditional knits, up-and-coming designers Kate Gagnon Osborn and Courtney Kelley put their own contemporary spin on knitting in Vintage Modern Knits.Vintage Modern Knits features several different traditional techniques-cables, Fair Isle, lace, colorwork, and more- all showcased in modern, luxurious projects that are fun to knit and even more fun to wear. Divided into three sections (Vintage Feminine, Rustic Weekend, and Winter Harbor), Vintage Modern showcases tailored lines, close fit, and easy-to wear style. These classic, yet contemporary projects are sure to enhance any knitter's wardrobe and be stylish for years to come. Projects range from quick mittens, hats, shawls, and scarves to cozy cardigans and pullovers in a variety of knitting techniques. From classic designs with fashion-forward color schemes to funky cable sweaters for weekend living, each pattern takes its inspiration from classic silhouettes and adds updated twists for unique must-have pieces.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.