"I didn't have time. " "It's not in my job description. " Many people and organizations have recognized the need to move away from this type of "blame game" and toward greater personal accountability at work, but few have known how to foster or maintain it -- until The Oz Principle. Now in paperback, The Oz Principle explores how people in business suffer from the same feelings of anxiety and helplessness that beset the characters in The Wizard of Oz. Through a broad mix of examples and stories, this book examines how people use their victimization to justify inaction, excuse ineffectiveness, and rationalize poor performance. It shows how to break through "above the line" with an attitude of accountability that empowers employees to overcome problems, excuses, and biases, to achieve enviable results. Self-assessment charts and quizzes enable readers to chart their own path to personal empowerment and enhanced company performance. Working through this book is a true journey of discovery, to learn that, just as in The Wizard of Oz, the real Wizard lives within each of us.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.