- Table View
- List View
<p>Assess your readiness for CompTIA Network+ Exam N10-005—and quickly identify where you need to focus and practice. This practical, streamlined guide walks you through each exam objective, providing "need to know" checklists, review questions, tips, and links to further study—all designed to help bolster your preparation.</p>
<p>Organized by exam objectives, Exam Ref 70-410 focuses on the critical skills and knowledge needed to implement and configure Windows Server 2012 core services in an enterprise environment.</p>
Fully updated for Windows Server 2012 R2! Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-410 - and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of implementing and configuring core services in Windows Server 2012 R2. Designed for experienced IT professionals ready to advance their status, Exam Ref focuses on the critical thinking and decision making acumen needed for success at the MCSA level. Focus on the expertise measured by these objectives:Install and configure servers Configure server roles and features Configure Hyper-V Deploy and configure core network services Install and administer Active Directory Create and manage Group Policy This Microsoft Exam Ref:Organizes its coverage by exam objectives. Features strategic, what-if scenarios to challenge you.
Portable and precise, this pocket-sized guide delivers ready answers for administering Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard. Zero in on core support and maintenance tasks using quick-reference tables, instructions, and lists. You'll get the focused information you need to solve problems and get the job done--whether at your desk or in the field. Get fast facts to: Install Windows Small Business Server 2011 on-premise Use Active Directory® to manage computers and users Handle core administrative tasks with the console Use permissions to control access to network resources Manage your data storage resources Administer email with Microsoft® Exchange Server 2010 Monitor the performance of your servers and workstations Build an intranet with Microsoft SharePoint® 2010 Migrate an existing network
Completely refreshed and updated for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), this bestseller is for the novice or budding power user who wants to master Microsoft's latest operating system and get down to work. This is easily the most accessible and comprehensive book for XP Pro on the market today.
Windows XP is the latest, most reliable, and best-looking version of the world's most widely used operating system, combining the extremely stable engine of Windows NT and 2000 with the user-friendliness of the Windows 98 and Me consumer models. In its first year, XP became the fastest-selling Windows OS ever. But one major failing remains unaddressed: XP Pro comes without a single page of printed instructions. This superbly written guide fills the gap. Coauthored by David Pogue, New York Times technology columnist and Missing Manuals creator, Windows XP Pro: The Missing Manual uses wit, technical insight, and scrupulous objectivity to light the way for first-time and intermediate PC fans. The book reveals which features work well and which don't, such as the Remote Desktop software that enables people to connect to the office from home, the encryption file system that protects sensitive information, and the Windows Messenger that enables real-time text, voice and video communication. Contents include: Getting started. The book's early chapters cover using menus, finding lost files, reducing window clutter, and taming the new, multi-column Start menu. Mastering the network. Special chapters help you navigate the corporate network, dial in from the road, and even set up your own small-office (peer-to-peer) network, step by step. Understanding security. User accounts, file encryption, and the NTFS file system keep your private files private, while still offering network access to coworkers you specify. Flying the Net. This book demystifies Outlook Express 6 for email, Internet Explorer 6 for Web browsing, and the new Windows Messenger for voice, chat, and video conferencing. Windows XP Pro: The Missing Manual isn't for system administrators or OS theory geeks; it's for the novice or budding power user who wants to master the machine and get down to work. Yet, anyone who uses XP Pro (including hardcore techies) will find this new system much easier -- and more fun -- to digest with this new Missing Manual. This is the crystal-clear, jargon-free book that should have been in the box.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.