- Table View
- List View
Hello Goodbye Hello is a daisy chain of 101 fascinating true encounters, a book that has been hailed by reviewers in London as "howlingly funny" (The Spectator), "original and a complete delight" (The Sunday Times), and "rich and hugely enjoyable" (The Guardian). Or, as the London Evening Standard put it, "the truth and nothing but the plain, bonkers, howling truth . . . It is partly a huge karmic parlour game, partly a dance to the music of chaos--and only the genius of Craig Brown could have produced it." Who could imagine such unlikely--but true-- encounters as these: Martha Graham meets Madonna Igor Stravinsky meets Walt Disney Frank Lloyd Wright meets Marilyn Monroe Marilyn Monroe meets Nikita Khrushchev President Richard Nixon meets Elvis Presley Harpo Marx meets George Bernard Shaw Cecil Beaton meets Mick Jagger Salvador Dali meets Sigmund Freud Groucho Marx meets T.S. Eliot Brilliant in conception, Hello Goodbye Hello shows how the celebrated and gifted--like the rest of us-- got along famously or disastrously or indifferently with one another, but, thanks to Craig Brown, always to our amusement and entertainment. From an opening story in which Adolf Hitler survives being knocked down by a careless English driver in 1931 to the Duchess of Windsor's meeting with the FÜhrer over tea, and 99 others in between, Hello Goodbye Hello is the perfect example that truth is stranger than fiction (and infinitely more enjoyable).
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.