- Table View
- List View
Spilled worms and a snagged hook threaten to ruin Jake's fishing trip. He wants to have fun with his father. But what if there are no fish to bring home for dinner? Although he makes some mistakes at first, Jake spends a wonderful day fishing with his father, then enjoying a very special fish dinner. Picture descriptions present.
Jake wants to help Mother and Father with the chores so they can go to the beach for the day. As he tries to help out, a series of mishaps leaves him feeling frustrated and useless.
Jake is happy because it is his birthday. He knows it is his day to be the center of attention. Focusing on himself, however, causes him to spoil his own birthday party. Jake's family helps him see that sharing his birthday is a better choice. Picture descriptions present.
Jake's great at drawing. He runs fast and climbs high. But he strikes out at baseball. What will it take for Jake to smack that ball into outfield? Picture descriptions included.
Jake's scared to be in his new room alone. He turns on a light. He cuddles with his stuffed animals. But he still can't sleep. Can Jake discover the one thing that will help? Picture descriptions present.
"See my bright red cowboy boots? I wear them every day. I wear them when I eat, and I wear them when I play." Celebrate your child's God-given gifts and talents with My Cowboy Boots, a fun, rhyming story about a little girl and her favorite red cowboy boots. Although she wears them every day, she never forgets to ask her "mama" if it's okay. Filled with fun, colorful illustrations that will delight your imaginative two- to four-year-old, My Cowboy Boots is designed to encourage individuality and independence in children, while reinforcing obedience. Plus, your little one can learn the days of the week too. Through imaginative and innovative products, Zonderkidz is feeding young souls. This book includes a special "Mom's Moment" insight from MOPS International (Mothers of Preschoolers)--the people who know what mothering and children are all about! Picture descriptions included.
A Lesson in Friendship Otter can't seem to stop sneezing! But he only sneezes when he's with his best friend. Owl. Is this the end of their friendship?
A Lesson in Patience Otter and Owl have a sailboat. But no matter how hard they blow, the sails won't fill with wind. Who does have the power to make the sailboat go? Picture descriptions present.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.