- Table View
- List View
Your complete guide to surviving and thriving as a Help Desk practitioner Help Desk Practitioner's Handbook The only book to address the unique concerns of the huge and growing number of Help Desk analysts, this is your complete guide to becoming a more effective communicator and problem-solver and deriving greater satisfaction from your job. Barbara Czegel, North America's most well-known expert on Help Desk support services and training, uses dozens of fascinating scenarios and real-world examples to illustrate the right (and wrong) ways to handle virtually every situation you can encounter. She arms you with an arsenal of proven tools of the trade, including: * Eleven effective listening habits that improve your ability to solve problems * Techniques for increasing the speed and accuracy of problem resolution * Early warning systems and layered strategies for problem control * Tools for reducing calls and eliminating problems before they occur * A simple, step-by-step process for doing cost justifications * Methods for turning Help Desk interactions into marketing opportunities Visit our Web site at www. wiley. com/compbooks/
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.