- Table View
- List View
Mallory James doesn't trust men. How could she when her own father abandoned her twenty-two years ago? Now, when she receives a phone call from a man claiming to have found the body of her father in the Arizona desert, Mallory has no way to find out the truth. For closure, she flies to Phoenix to claim the body.Mike Malone has more trouble than he knows how to cope with. An environmental group, the Salt River Protection League, has gotten an injunction that prevents his guest ranch from operating. Tired of the battle, his longtime girlfriend has left him, and his friends - all depending on him for their livelihood - are getting desperate. The last thing he needs is the body of desert rat, Skeeter James, in one of his vacant cabins. And Mike really doesn't need a beautiful woman taking his mind off business.The minute Mallory reaches the deserted guest ranch things seem odd. Mike's friends aren't welcoming, and one in particular, Diana, seems to want Mallory gone. A vial of gold and half a treasure map are the only legacy Skeeter leaves. Before she can have the burial, Mallory is lured into the desert, bucked off a horse sabotaged by a thorn under his saddle blanket and stalked. Although she is falling for Mike, she can't love a man she can't trust. At first, Mike is skeptical of Mallory's claims, but as incidents begin to pile up, he is forced to admit someone is trying to hurt her. But how can they stop what they don't understand?
When Laramie Porter's sister-in-law Julie is beaten so badly by her husband she miscarries her baby, Laramie takes her home from the hospital. But just a few minutes after the women arrive home, Julie's husband, who also happens to be a drug addict and the local police sheriff, shows up at the house on a murderous rampage.<P><P> He kills Julie and attempts to murder Laramie. When he doesn't succeed, he hauls them into the mountains and throws them off a cliff. Julie's body lands in a pond, but Laramie hits a ledge, where she perches, terrified.<P> Derrick Garrison is in the mountains moving his cattle when his dog finds Julie's body in the pond. Creeped out, Derrick at first doesn't believe his ears when he hears a girl crying for help. But he finds Laramie and pulls her to safety. Before she can tell him anything, a lightning strike starts a forest fire and they flee to a hidden valley.<P> Fleeing a drug hazed killer, the fire, and a gun-toting old lady bent on collecting a reward, Laramie and Derrick do their best to evade all three... and fall in love along the way.
Her family ranch outside of Payson, Arizona, is the last place Castaña Castillo thought she'd ever see again. But when her mustang activist brother goes missing, Castaña returns home to lead the search. Years of bad blood between local law enforcement and the Castillo men lead Castaña to believe the local cops won't put out much effort to locate her brother. Especially since they think he murdered two federal wildlife agents.<P><P> Disgraced FBI agent Jake Breton needs to bring in Martin Castillo to redeem himself and resurrect his career. Falling in love with someone related to the suspect is the last thing he can afford to do. The last time he followed his heart, and not his head, it nearly cost him his life.<P> Danger, adventure, and death push Jake and Castaña together. Will they learn to trust each other and leave their pasts behind?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.