- Table View
- List View
In this sparkling Mermaid Tales adventure, can Kiki overcome her fears and enjoy her first-ever trip to the ocean's surface? The third graders at Trident Academy are traveling to the surface of the ocean for the first time ever for a "hugely" exciting activity: They're going to visit a pod of humpback whales! But Kiki is less than thrilled. In fact, she's scared from the top of her head to the tip of her tail. After all, the enormous creatures could swallow her (and maybe her entire class) in one giant gulp! Kiki's pals Shelly and Echo try to help shrink her fears, and when a new friend comes along--a very big, whale-size friend--Kiki's courage emerges, and the fun looms large.
There are some pretty weird grown-ups living in Bailey City. But could the new gym teacher really be a witch reciting rhyming spells? The Bailey School Kids are going to find out.
There are some pretty weird grownups living in Bailey City. But could the new librarian who has a long white beard and a magic wand really be Merlin, the great wizard from medieval times? The Bailey School Kids are going to find out! "I just realized that Mr. Merle's name sounds like Merlin," said Liza. Melody's eyes were big. "And his fish's name is Arthur, as in King Arthur!" "Maybe Mr. Merle is Merlin," Howie said. Liza and Melody gulped, but Eddie just laughed. "Wizards use magic to get whatever they want. Theydon't have to work in libraries shelving books. And they definitely don't need computers!"
From the book jacket: There are some pretty weird grownups living in Bailey City. But could the new assistant principal really be a wizard who wants to turn everyone at graduation intoan animal? The Bailey School Kids are going to find out! "Howie is not right," Eddie said. "A person cannot be turned into a bird and an assistant principal cannot be a wizard, especially when she's a girl. Mrs. Jhick is not a wizard and she can't make anybody do anything." "Oh, yeah?" Howie asked. "Then tell Melody she's a nincompoop!" "Gladly," Eddie said with a smirk. He turned to Melody. He opened his mouth. Nothing came out."See?" Howie said. "Mrs. Jhick cast a spell on you and now you can't insult your friends." Eddie put his hands on his cheeks. "This is horrible," Eddie gasped. "It's terrible. It's the end of the world. That wizette must be stopped!" RL3 007-010
There are some pretty weird grown-ups living in Bailey City. Could the hairy, fire-eating hula dancer at the Luau really be a wolfman? The Bailey City School kids are going to find out!
From the Book Jacket: There are some pretty weird grownups living in Bailey City. But could the new soccer coach really be a zombie haunting the soccer field? The Bailey School Kids are going to find out! "That old lady put a spell on Coach Graves and turned her into a zombie!" Melody said. Eddie grabbed Melody's arm and shook her. "I think you're the zombie and your brains have taken a permanent vacation." Liza and Melody broke into a fit of giggles. "Eddie's right." Lisa giggled. "After all, zombies don't play soccer."
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.