- Table View
- List View
Fulfill your dreams. . . "Chicken Soup for the Entrepreneur's Soul" is a compilation of short stories from entrepreneurs, both large and small, who share their experiences of success, failure and courage, with a little helpful advice mixed in. Many of these stories, told for the first time here, will enlighten you to new methods of entrepreneurship or simply help you believe in the possibilities of getting started. People such as Doris Christopher, a stay-at-home mother, who introduced her love of cooking to others through founding The Pampered Chef; Thom Chappell, who stuck to his instincts when developing Tom's of Maine and kept value at the core of his business; and Carol Gardner who intimately shares a desperate time of debt and divorce, until along came a bulldog named Zelda, followed by a greeting card line - Zelda Wisdom - which became one of Hallmark's number one sellers. These entrepreneurs and many more will inspire you with their amazing life experiences and fascinating beginnings.
More than fish tales in this delightful book, readers will discover stories about the special relationships that develop through fishing--between parents and children, between friends and lovers, between fisherman, nature, and the elusive fish. Fishing is a common thread in many lives, and this book shows the strength and importance of those threads--whether your passion is fly-fishing, bass fishing, deepwater fishing, or just casting a line on a hot summer day. Chapters include: First Cast, Small Fries, The One That Got Away and Hooked For Love.
You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. (Desmond Tutu) Rivalry, competition, camaraderie, love, and support are found in the bond between brothers and sisters.
A laugh-out-loud, pick-me-up collection of stories for the millions of women who are battling hot flashes, mood swings and mental lapses. As baby boomers hit their late forties and fifties, a record number of women are going through menopause. Whether they're in "active" menopause or just beginning to experience their first gray hairs and the hot nights of perimenopause, they'll find support, comfort and advice in this collection of stories from women who've been there and have survived. With chapters such as "What's Age Got to Do with It?"; "This Is Not Your Mother's Menopause"; "Mental-Pause"; "Hormones, Schormones"; and "Who Turned Up the Heat?", women will gain renewed perspective on reaching the milestone of middle age, feel empowered by their changing identity and realize the innumerable ways in which menopause can impact them in a positive manner. Chicken Soup for the Soul in Menopause will show millions of women that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.