- Table View
- List View
No matter what you're celebrating, we've got a great recipe guaranteed to brighten your table.There's no better way to celebrate the holiday than surrounded by good friends and good food. With that in mind, we present The Atria Holiday Collection, a free sampler featuring recipes from books by some of our favorite writers and chefs. Selections include: 4 Ingredients Christmas by Kim McCosker America's Most Wanted Recipes Just Desserts by Ron Douglas The Christmas Cookie Cookbook by Ann Pearlman and Marybeth Bayer Daisy's Holiday Cooking by Daisy Martinez Find out more about your favorite authors at Facebook.com/AtriaBooks or Twitter.com/AtriaBooks.
En DAISY: MAÑANA, MEDIODÍA Y NOCHE: La familia que come unida permanece unida (Daisy: Morning, Noon and Night), Daisy MartÍnez comparte las recetas de los platos favoritos que ella y su familia probaron durante sus vacaciones en EspaÑa, Puerto Rico, RepÚblica Dominicana, PerÚ y Argentina. AdemÁs, incluye recetas clÁsicas de la cocina Latinoamericana tradicional que ella ha "Daisificado". Dividido en fabulosas recetas para la maÑana, el mediodÍa y la noche, ademÁs de menÚs para fiestas y cenas especiales, y con un glosario invaluable para el lector sobre los ingredientes de la cocina Latinoamericana, que explica la desde las variedades de colores de los plÁtanos a los grados de picante que tienen los chiles. Disfrute de empanadas rellenas con maÍz cremoso, un jugoso filete de carne con los bordes crocantes baÑado en salsa chimichurri o las celestiales capas de una hÚmeda torta de Ángel, fresas y crema batida del postre Delicia de fresa que Daisy recrea en esta vibrante colecciÓn de recetas. Para Daisy, la buena cocina ayuda a mantener unida a la familia y a crear recuerdos inolvidables. Para ella, las suculentas carnes asadas de una parrillada le traen recuerdos de una Navidad en la Argentina, mientras que el pastelÓn de vegetales hojaldrado le recuerda una cena inolvidable en la RepÚblica Dominicana. Este fabuloso libro de colecciÓn estÁ lleno de colores brillantes y sabores atrevidos que reflejan el estilo de cocinar exuberante e innovador de su autora. AcompaÑe a Daisy en este inolvidable viaje al corazÓn de la cocina Latinoamericana. ¡Buen provecho!
Enjoy empanadas filled with creamed corn, a crispy-edged, juicy skirt steak doused in tangy chimichurri, or the divine layers of moist angel food cake, strawberries, and whipped cream of the Strawberry Delicia, all of which Daisy Martinez brings to life in this vibrant collection of recipes. Growing up in her mother's and grandmother's kitchens, Daisy became an expert in traditional Latin-American cuisine. Here she "Daisifies" those classics and includes a hearty sampling of dishes from her travels across Spain, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Peru, and Argentina. To Daisy, food is about bringing family together, and so she peppers her collection with anecdotes and family vacation photos. Each recipe is as much about the memory the flavors recall as the love that goes into preparing the dish; for her, the succulent grilled meats of a parrillada bring back memories of a Christmas spent floating in a pool in Argentina, while the flaky, gooey vegetable potpie recalls an extravagant dinner party in the Dominican Republic. As a busy mother of four, Daisy lives the time crunch every day and has crafted her recipes to be quick, adaptable, and easy to understand. She deftly demystifies the ingredients of the Latin-American kitchen, explaining everything from the spectrum of color in plantains to the degrees of heat in chiles. With this range of mouthwatering recipes, you can plan your day with Daisy: rise and shine with the rich aromas of chile-spiked hot chocolate; power up with a midday empanada with your pick of five savory fillings; and start a tradition with a night of tantalizing tapas. Why eat dull when you can eat delicioso?
Learn to Celebrate with the Queen of Latin CookingCelebrating with friends and family is one of the greatest joys, but entertaining can be downright terrifying. With this new recipe collection, Daisy Martinez gives you everything you need to make your life easy and your celebrations unforgettable. Daisy offers up timeless and mouthwatering recipes like Ruby Grapefruit Ceviche, Spaghetti with Chipotle-Pork Meatballs, Creamy Chicken-Lime Soup, and Flourless Chocolate-Chile Cake that will prepare you for everything from a cozy festive fall dinner to an elegant New Year's Eve celebration. Brilliant color, bold flavors, and an innovative mix of traditional and modern cuisines are the hallmarks of Daisy's cooking. Can't-fail dishes--like Coconut and Winter Squash Soup--that Daisy learned to cook alongside her mother and grandmother in Puerto Rico mingle with recipes she's used to entertain her family and friends through the years.With the preparation schedules and time-saving tips included in each menu, Daisy makes it easy to relax and enjoy creating memories with those you love.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.