- Table View
- List View
In 1996, in big cities and small towns across America, a new crop of teenagers entered the ninth grade. These students, the class of 2000, experienced the world in a unique way, often enjoying the benefits of a booming economy but also living through a wave of school violence, a presidential sex scandal and impeachment, the dawn of a new century, and the rise of the Internet. Since their first day of high school, the class of 2000 has been interviewed by CBS News in an unprecedented, in-depth study. CBS News's goal was to present a compelling portrait of our country's problems and promise as seen through the eyes of these students. To reach this end, the CBS News Polling Unit conducted scientific polls, revealing the thoughts, fears, and expectations of the class of 2000. The exclusive results of this study are rendered in the e-book The Class of 2000: A Definitive Survey of the New Generation. It paints an unusally clear picture of how these teenagers, now on the brink of adulthood, see the world and their place in it. The Class of 2000 is broken down into important topics such as lying and cheating, religion, dating and sexuality, drugs, guns and violence, school quality, and race relations. Each topic includes profiles and photos of some of the young people interviewed as well as the full polling results and an analysis.
Analysis of the people and events around Nixon's White House and the Watergate scandal
This memoir by Dan Rather -- one of the most pre-eminent journalists of our time -- is told in a straightforward and conversational manner so that you hear his distinctive voice on every page. Rather, -- who has won every prestigious journalism award in his distinguished career -- discusses all the big stories from his decades of reporting. This very personal accounting includes (but is certainly not limited to) his dismissal from CBS, the Abu Ghraib story, the George W. Bush Air National Guard controversy, his coverage of the JFK assassination, the origin of "Hurricane Dan" as well as inside stories about all the top personalities Dan has either interviewed or worked with over his remarkable career. The book will also include Dan's thoughts and reflections on the state of journalism today and what he sees for its future, as well as never-before-revealed personal observations and commentary.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.