- Table View
- List View
This book is a valuable resource for anyone with a serious illness or those who care for or about a cancer patient. It is full of emotional support and practical guidance especially for those coping with these difficult realities for the first time or those who hope to cope better than they may have at an earlier time. Brief and to the point, the author imparts Information about such issues as: accepting the diagnosis, emotions and attitudes, sexual Concerns, children's issues, the medical team, getting help from agencies, nutrition, how friends and family can help, home nursing and alternatives, caregiver health issues, insurance and medical record-keeping, the practical matters of death, and many more. The book can be read straight through or the table of contents used to look up answers to specific questions. The appendices provide models of important forms such as wills and power of attorney. There are also long lists of contact information for agencies nationwide which provide assistance. [from the back cover "DANA RAE POMEROY is a nationally known lecturer in hospice work. She wrote this personal account of her caregiver journey from the first days of her husband's cancer diagnosis through the final days to acceptance. Ms. Pomeroy owns and operates The Writer's Edge, an editorial and literary agency. She has written computer software programs and edited books for various publishers."
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.