- Table View
- List View
Sharing secrets and stories, tales from the track, and insights into her personal life, Danica reflects on her extraordinary rise from a ten-year-old go-kart champion to the most successful woman in the history of American racing.Danica Patrick's life moves at 220 mph. She drives every race and lives every day like she has something to prove--and she does. As a 5-foot 2-inch, 100-pound woman, she had to qualify a little quicker and race a little faster than the boys--just to earn the respect she would otherwise be given if she weren't the "girl on the track, driving the princess mobile." But you don't get to be an IndyCar driver without talent and determination. Danica is living proof that if you work hard and aim high, you can do whatever you set your mind to, that you can rise to any challenge, and that what makes you different is what makes you great. An inspiration to all, Crossing the Line offers Danica's unique perspective on how to compete in life, how to stand out, and how to get the respect and attention you deserve.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.