Chronic Prostatitis is a common and debilitating condition affecting 5-12% of men worldwide. The most common form is category III, or Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome. Cutting-edge clinical research has led to advancements in the diagnosis and treatment of prostatitis, a group of conditions that is at once extremely common, poorly understood, inadequately treated and under-researched. In Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome, the author provides today's most current information covering the four categories of prostatitis (acute, chronic bacterial, CPPS and asymptomatic inflammation). A diverse international group of contributors that includes urologists (academic, primary care and front line private practice), scientists, psychologists, and pain specialists from the National Institutes of Health provide the reader with novel approaches to helping their patients. The chapters in this important new work cover general evaluation of the prostatitis patient, the approach to acute prostatitis, chronic bacterial prostatitis and chronic pelvic pain syndrome, evidence behind individual therapies and ancillary topics such as erectile dysfunction, infertility, the link between chronic prostatitis and prostate cancer, male interstitial cystitis and the potential etiologic role of calcifying nanoparticles. Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome offers novel approaches to diagnosing this condition as well as providing ways in which to ease the suffering of the patient with prostatitis.
The transplant physicians and surgeons at Cleveland Clinic have collaborated to produce, Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation: A Practical Guide. This volume is devoted to kidney and pancreas transplantation and is well grounded in scientific principles, quantitative clinical reasoning, clinical pharmacology, tested clinical practices and overall clinical applicability. Also addressed are key aspects in the initiation, maintenance and sustained growth of viable clinical programs in kidney and pancreas transplantation. Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation: A Practical Guide will be of great value to transplant physicians as well as medical and surgical fellows who intend to pursue an interest in transplantation.
Urological Men's Health: A Guide for Urologists and Primary Care Physicians covers the major urologic conditions that have an impact on the health and well being of the adult male. It opens with an overview of general men's preventative health, as practiced by a world leading Executive Health center. The volume covers the major genitourinary malignancies and addresses the latest controversies in screening and treatment selection. This is followed by coverage of the conditions that don't shorten life but have major impact on quality of life and health care expenditure: BPH, urinary incontinence, infertility, urethral strictures, erectile dysfunction, urinary tract infections and chronic pelvic pain. Also included are chapters on herbal and complementary therapy, psychological and spousal support in urologic illness and the links between genitourinary disease and general vascular endothelial dysfunction. Urological Men's Health: A Guide for Urologists and Primary Care Physicians will be of great value to Urologists, Internists, General Practitioners and the residents and fellows who train within these specialties.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.