- Table View
- List View
Craniosacral Therapy for Children introduces a craniosacral therapy treatment protocol for babies and children up to 12 years of age. A gentle hands-on healing approach, craniosacral therapy releases tensions in the body in order to relieve pain, resolve trauma, and improve physical and emotional health. Author and craniosacral therapist Daniel Agustoni discusses the reasons for treating young children and for beginning treatment during pregnancy. He explains how the stress of birth can cause asymmetries and misalignments in babies' bodies that can lead to problems later in life: from suckling problems, abdominal colic, and fragmented sleep patterns to anxiety, hyperactivity, and ADD. Agustoni demonstrates how craniosacral therapy can also offset the effects of stress, trauma, and PTSD that may affect the growing child depending on his or her environment, biology, and temperment. Enhanced with over 120 instructional photos and illustrations, the book's hands-on techniques are presented along with suggestions for interacting with parents, babies, and young children. The book discusses methods of evaluation and treatment following structural, functional, and biodynamic models. Engaging case examples describe the therapeutic results of the treatment, which include increased security and confidence, relaxation, support for the immune system, and a sense of well-being. An important resource for healthcare practitioners, this book is also useful for educators, parents, and caregivers interested in learning new ways to help their children.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.