Craniosacral Therapy for Children introduces a craniosacral therapy treatment protocol for babies and children up to 12 years of age. A gentle hands-on healing approach, craniosacral therapy releases tensions in the body in order to relieve pain, resolve trauma, and improve physical and emotional health. Author and craniosacral therapist Daniel Agustoni discusses the reasons for treating young children and for beginning treatment during pregnancy. He explains how the stress of birth can cause asymmetries and misalignments in babies' bodies that can lead to problems later in life: from suckling problems, abdominal colic, and fragmented sleep patterns to anxiety, hyperactivity, and ADD. Agustoni demonstrates how craniosacral therapy can also offset the effects of stress, trauma, and PTSD that may affect the growing child depending on his or her environment, biology, and temperment. Enhanced with over 120 instructional photos and illustrations, the book's hands-on techniques are presented along with suggestions for interacting with parents, babies, and young children. The book discusses methods of evaluation and treatment following structural, functional, and biodynamic models. Engaging case examples describe the therapeutic results of the treatment, which include increased security and confidence, relaxation, support for the immune system, and a sense of well-being. An important resource for healthcare practitioners, this book is also useful for educators, parents, and caregivers interested in learning new ways to help their children.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.