- Table View
- List View
BASED ON TRUE STORIES FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS ACROSS THE COUNTRY
America's Dumbest Criminals: Wild and Weird Stories of Fumbling Felons, Clumsy Crooks, and Ridiculous Robbersby Daniel Butler
100 crazy stories of America's dumbest criminals. WARNING: The crimes you are about to read are true. The names have been changed . . . to protect the ignorant.Here is the ultimate collection of the most incredibly stupid and painfully dumb attempts at crime ever brought together.The woman who invalidated her winning $5,000 lottery ticket by altering it to match the $20 prize number -- The accused vending-machine thief who paid his $400 bail entirely in quarters -- The streaking robber who thought clothes would make him more identifiable -- The convenience store thief who got away with just a hotdog, only to end up in the parking lot choking on the wiener...
A gorgeously packaged, very practical little book explains exactly how to plant and care for a tree and celebrates trees and their life-affirming presence in our lives. The earth's longest living organisms, trees exemplify nature's great strength as well as its majestic beauty. Serving as virtual lungs for our planet, trees provide us with food, medicine, and our most versatile building material. To plant a tree is to plant hope, and as an act of commemoration, it literally gives life to that remembered. While it is in-deed a practical book that explains exactly how to plant and care for a tree, HOW TO PLANT A TREE is so much more. Drawing on the ancient rituals and folklore that surround particular trees, the author explores their symbolism and traditional uses, and offers suggestions for various commemorative tree-planting acts, such as: A marriage ceremony; A new baby ceremony; A new home ceremony; A memorial for a loved one. With lovely original black-and-white illustrations throughout, HOW TO PLANT A TREE encompasses a wealth of both useful and inspiring information, including fascinating miscellany on some of our most beloved tree species like the willow, the oak, and the plum; how to calculate a tree's age; and how you can use trees to fight climate change. HOW TO PLANT A TREE will inspire readers to view trees as living structures of hope that will be treasured for generations to come.
First came the New York Times bestseller America's Dumbest CriminalsTM, then there were more amazing tales of stupid but true crimes in Wanted! Dumb or Alive. In this book, hilarious criminal cluelessness is uncovered on every continent in one hundred new stories.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.