- Table View
- List View
From the acclaimed team behind Manhattan's three-Michelin-starred Elven Madison Park restaurant comes this deluxe cookbook showcasing the foods, ingredients, and culinary history of New York.After landing rave reviews for their transformation of Eleven Madison Park from a French brasserie into a fine dining restaurant, chef Daniel Humm and general manager Will Guidara decided to refashion their Manhattan restaurant into a showcase for New York's food artisans. Instead of looking abroad for inspiration, Humm and Guidara headed to their own backyards, exploring more than fifty farms in the greater New York area and diving into the city's rich culinary heritage as a cultural melting pot. In I Love New York, Humm and Guidara present an in-depth look at the region's centuries-old farming traditions along with nearly 150 recipes that highlight its outstanding ingredients--from apples, celery root, and foie gras to nettles, pork, scallops, and venison. Included among these dishes designed explicitly for the home cook are reinterpretations of New York classics, like Oyster Pan Roast, Manhattan Clam Chowder, and the Bloody Mary. Lushly illustrated with photographs of the area's dramatic landscapes and the farmers who tend the land, this unique ode introduces the concept of New York regional cuisine as it celebrates the bounty of this exceptional state.
From the authors of the acclaimed cookbooks Eleven Madison Park and I Love New York comes this uniquely packaged cookbook, featuring recipes from the wildly popular restaurant and, as an added surprise, a hidden back panel that opens to reveal a separate cocktail book. Chef Daniel Humm and his business partner Will Guidara are the proprietors of two of New York's most beloved and pioneering restaurants: Eleven Madison Park and The NoMad. Their team is known not only for its perfectly executed, innovative cooking, but also for creating extraordinary, genre-defying dining experiences. The NoMad Cookbook translates the unparalleled and often surprising food and drink of the restaurant into book form. What appears to be a traditional cookbook is in fact two books in one: upon opening, readers discover that the back half contains false pages in which a smaller cocktail recipe book is hidden. The result is a wonderfully unexpected collection of both sweet and savory food recipes and cocktail recipes, with the lush photography by Francesco Tonelli and impeccable style for which the authors are known. The NoMad Cookbook promises to be a reading experience like no other, and will be the holiday gift of the year for the foodie who has everything.From the Hardcover edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.