- Table View
- List View
On the Higher-Order Sheffer Orthogonal Polynomial Sequences sheds light on the existence/non-existence of B-Type 1 orthogonal polynomials. This book presents a template for analyzing potential orthogonal polynomial sequences including additional higher-order Sheffer classes. This text not only shows that there are no OPS for the special case the B-Type 1 class, but that there are no orthogonal polynomial sequences for the general B-Type 1 class as well. Moreover, it is quite provocative how the seemingly subtle transition from the B-Type 0 class to the B-Type 1 class leads to a drastically more difficult characterization problem. Despite this issue, a procedure is established that yields a definite answer to our current characterization problem, which can also be extended to various other characterization problems as well. Accessible to undergraduate students in the mathematical sciences and related fields, This book functions as an important reference work regarding the Sheffer sequences. The author takes advantage of Mathematica 7 to display unique detailed code and increase the reader's understanding of the implementation of Mathematica 7 and facilitate further experimentation. In addition, this book provides an excellent example of how packages like Mathematica 7 can be used to derive rigorous mathematical results.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.