- Table View
- List View
Emergency Care, Twelfth Edition, has set the standard for EMT training for over 30 years. Updated with the latest research and developments in emergency medical services, this edition meets the 2010 American Heart Association guidelines for CPR and ECC, providing all the practical information students need to succeed in the classroom and in the field. Using the National EMS Education Standards as a foundation, this edition goes beyond the Standards to provide the most current, accurate reflection of EMS practice today. Getting students to think like an EMT, the text integrates scientific principles in a way that's easy to understand, and a host of critical thinking features-including a new chapter, "Critical Thinking and Decision Making,"-helps students learn key concepts while getting a dose of the reality of being an EMT.
The 7th edition of this popular First Responder title, takes students beyond national standards while retaining the easy-to-read, step-by-step format that has made it a favorite for over a decade. Comprehensive coverage includes a variety of topics, including material that goes beyond the DOT curriculum and airway and circulation chapters that fully comply with the newly revised AHA Guidelines. New features, enrichment materials will enhance the clear and in-depth coverage that has been this titles trademark. New material has been added on terrorism, industrial emergencies, and special patients, as well as a new chapter on Geriatric Emergencies. A new special feature First Responder Flash highlights key information. First Responder students and professionals.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.