What foods should you eat if you want to keep your prostate healthy? How does sexual activity affect the health of your prostate? What are ways you can prevent prostate cancer? What should African-American men know about prostate cancer? What are the best alternatives to radiation and surgery in treating prostate cancer? What are the symptoms of an unhealthy prostate? These are some of the many important questions that are answered by Dr. Daniel W. Nixon, one of America's premier cancer research institute leaders, and Dr. Max Gomez, the charismatic health commentator whose reports are aired on NBC television stations nationwide. The authors not only provide indispensable guidance in cancer prevention but also offer a dynamic, new noninvasive treatment of prostate cancer. Packed with information, The Prostate Health Program explains in clear, simple language the link between obesity and prostate cancer, the difference between an enlarged prostate and a diseased one, the causes of frequent urination and pain, and the specific prostate problems pertaining to gay men. Drs. Nixon and Gomez offer a user-friendly plan of diet, exercise, and behavioral change that men can easily incorporate into their lives. The authors explain why aggressive treatment, such as radiation and surgery, is often unnecessary, less effective, and more dangerous -- often leaving men incontinent and impotent -- than other treatments. The cornerstones of this unique program are the Prostate Health Pyramid and the Transition Diet, both of which were created specifically for this book and are the ultimate tools in prostate cancer prevention, control, and treatment. First, the foods that protect the health of the prostate are identified; then, food changes are introduced slowly for more effective and long-lasting reform of eating habits. Best of all, quick and easy recipes created by chefs at the Culinary Institute of America provide a menu that is healthy and delicious. With its combination of cutting-edge research and highly respected, world- renowned authors, The Prostate Health Program is the definitive defense against a deadly disease.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.