- Table View
- List View
Millions of Readers, Eighteen Editions, One Trusted Resource From social networking to social graces, the name Emily Post has been the definitive source on etiquette for generations of Americans. That tradition continues with the 18th edition of Etiquette, which welcomes a new generation of Posts-Anna Post, Lizzie Post, and Daniel Post Senning-the great-great grandchildren of Emily Post. Led by Peggy Post, author of the 16th and 17th editions of Etiquette, this team shows how twenty-first-century manners are a combination of kindness, confidence, and awareness. New trends, topics, and societal hot zones include: When is it okay to "unfriend" someone on Facebook? If I'm in a middle seat on an airplane, do I automatically get both armrests? A business client is sick with a cold-am I obligated to shake his hand? Is it rude for guests to tweet from a wedding? Do I have to buy a gift if I attend a destination wedding? Can I email a condolence note? Should I cover up my tattoo for a job interview? The Posts don't stint on classic conundrums, either. Emily Post's Etiquette includes advice on names and titles, dress codes, invitations, table manners, workplace frustrations, and weddings. According to the Posts, though times have changed, the principles of good manners remain constant. Above all, manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. Being considerate, respectful, and honest is more important than knowing which fork to use. Whether it's a handshake or a fist bump, it's the underlying sincerity and good intentions of the action that matter most.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.