Combining a data analysis approach with the power of technology, innovative pedagogy, and a number of new features, the fourth edition is an impressively effective text for learning statistics.
Tailored to mirror the AP Statistics course, The Practice of Statistics became a classroom favorite. This edition incorporates a number of first-time features to help students prepare for the AP exam, plus more simulations and statistical thinking help, and instructions for the TI-89 graphic calculator.
Watch avideo introduction here. Statistics Through Applications (STA)is the only text written specifically for high school statistics course. Designed to be read, the book takes a data analysis approach that emphasizes conceptual understanding over computation, while recognizing that some computation is necessary. The focus is on the statistical thinking behind data gathering and interpretation. The high school statistics course is often the first applied math course students take. STAengages students in learning how statisticians contribute to our understanding of the world and helps students to become more discerning consumers of the statistics they encounter in ads, economic reports, political campaigns, and elsewhere. New and improved!STA 2efeatures expanded coverage of probability, a reorganized presentation of data analysis, a new color design and much more. Please see theposted sample chapter orrequest a copy today to see for yourself.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.