- Table View
- List View
The wryly amusing and revealing story of one man's journey into the swinger lifestyle that pulls back the curtain on one of the most fascinating--and least understood--subcultures in the nation.An estimated fifteen million strong worldwide, swingers are everywhere--a huge community, hiding in plain sight, whose erotic pastime remains a complete mystery to the rest of us. In Swingland, Daniel Stern outs himself and the secretive society he loves, recounting his ten-year transformation from a lonely guy who couldn't get a date into a veteran sexual adventurer. With wit and infectious enthusiasm, Stern shares all the hard-earned wisdom he's acquired in America's swinging underground. Everyone is welcome, but bring flip-flops (it can get messy). There are plenty of bumps and bruises along the way, including countless rejections, missed opportunities, and one particular AARP orgy. But slowly and surely, through an impressive series of threesomes, foursomes, and moresomes, this "Vanilla" newbie becomes a much sought-after partner for couples looking to spice up their relationships. As readers travel with Stern on his exploits, they are treated to a whole new lexicon (there aren't many single women swingers, or "Unicorns," but plenty of MFMs, FMFs, MMFMs, and MMMFMs) as well as free, invaluable advice should they take the plunge themselves (be honest, sensitive, and hygienic!). But, Swingland is much more than a titillating exposé. Lovingly written, with a keen sensibility regarding the sensitive and often misunderstood subject, Stern's narrative is as improbably safe as it is fun--and impossible to put down.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.