- Table View
- List View
Utilizing stringing and wireworking techniques accessible to beginners, this mixed metal jewelry guide also offers boutique-style designs that will captivate the more experienced beader. With no metalworking required, detailed instructions are provided for 30 unique projects incorporating various metals such as silver, gold, copper, brass, PMC, and more. Techniques for distressing metal - such as using liver of sulfur, other patinas, and hammering - are included, as well as ideas for mixing metals and using faux metals. Background information is given on each type of metal, from common properties to shopping tips, care, and cleaning.
Geared toward the novice beader, this comprehensive introduction to making jewelry begins with "Bead Shopping 101" - a description of basic beads and how to differentiate between bead varieties and colors. Thirty projects are presented in a step-by-step manner with full-color illustrations to simplify techniques such as stringing, crimping, and the proper use of jump rings. All the designs reflect a modern sensibility for creating fashionable, boutique-quality jewelry.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.