- Table View
- List View
Crucial Insider Knowledge for Connecting and Communicating with Teens With their incomprehensible lingo, often-bizarre fashion fixations, technological plug-ins, and ever-changing moods, teenagers can seem like an entirely different species. Connecting with them on meaningful levels-let alone actuallyinfluencingthem-seems beyond the realm of possibility. What do advertisers and entertainers who grab the attention of teenagers know that you don't? And how can you counteract their influence in your child's life? Danny Holland, an expert on youth culture, peers into the world of America's kids-and offers proven advice on how parents can adopt the tools of the experts. You'll discover... ·how today's teenagers think, including their values, priorities, and primary influences ·the communication pattern that speaks most persuasively to teens ·the most effective way to improve your relationship with your teen ·how to determine which battles absolutely must be won ·and many other eye-opening insights With "insider knowledge," you'll be equipped and empowered with real-world techniques to successfully connect and communicate with your teenager, bridging the gap to build a relationship of lasting influence.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.