- Table View
- List View
The Missouri Group's clear and authoritative step-by-step approach comes from years in the field and in the classroom. Through extensive contemporary examples and dependable, no-frills advice, the Missouri Group teaches students the reporting and writing skills they need to become effective journalists in every medium and for every beat. The ninth edition of News Reporting and Writing addresses students' greatest challenges by providing more writing help than ever before. It prepares students for the realities of today's news rooms with the most contemporary coverage of new trends in journalism including convergence, citizen journalism, and researching online. A reinvigorated new text design emphasizes what's important, increases ease of navigation, and makes salient features and examples quicker and easier to find.
It's a tumultuous time in journalism as media forms evolve and new models emerge. There are few clear answers, but no one is more prepared than The Missouri Group to tackle these issues head on and to teach students the core, enduring journalism skills they need to succeed -- whether they write for the local paper, a professional blog, cable news, or even work in public relations.
The way journalists work and how the public gets its news have changed dramatically. The media landscape has evolved and converged, and to succeed, journalism students must learn the fundamentals of journalism -- how to research, write, and tell a great story -- and use these skills in an increasingly digital world. The Missouri Group continues to offer the best coverage of the basics while keeping pace with the trends in the field. In Telling the Story, 5th edition, The Missouri Group goes even further with concise, how-to coverage of the new journalistic skills that take advantage of new technologies -- from blogging to researching online, to using social media and conducting online interviews.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.