- Table View
- List View
As you study history, you will quickly see that God has a perfect plan for everything. He has a plan for your life as well. That plan can be understood only if you first accept Jesus Christ as your Savior. Jesus Christ died on Calvary's cross for your sin. By repenting of your sin and by accepting through faith God's free gift of salvation, you can have eternal life. True happiness and success come only as you seek to become more like Jesus Christ and follow His plan for your life. The study of world history has additional meaning and value.
The study of world history profits a student in many ways. Such a study broadens the intellectual horizon by exposing the student to a past that goes all the way back to "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." World history transports that student through time, revealing to him a variety of cultures and civilizations and the development and expansion of ideas. In addition, the study of world history reveals many of the consequences of decisions made by men, leading to triumph or tragedy. During this academic journey the student also gains insights on related subjects, including religion, art, science, and other aspects of culture.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.