- Table View
- List View
Written to meet the most recent editions of IRC and IBC, this exceptional, full-color fifth edition is designed for beginning, intermediate, and advanced architectural drafters and CAD operators alike. Architectural Drafting and Design, 5E features the basics of residential design through the various types of projects that a designer or architect would likely complete during the actual design process. Coverage begins with an introduction to architectural styles that have dominated the field over the last four centuries, followed by basic design components related to the site and structure. A hallmark of this best-seller is its step-by-step instructions for the design and layout of each type of drawing associated with a complete set of architectural plans, with projects that can be completed using either CAD or manual drawing methods. Readers will come away with the knowledge needed to complete each of the drawings required by most municipalities to obtain a building permit for a single-family residence. Comprehensive coverage also explores the field of commercial drafting, as well as basic materials used for construction, common construction methods, and drawings typically associated with commercial construction.
This stellar new edition details step-by-step methods for the design and layout of each type of drawing required for a complete set of architectural plans. This comprehensive handbook also contains a copy of the AutoCAD 2000 direct-to-student software and dwg files of selected plans in the book, supplemented by expanded coverage of CADD and freehand sketching techniques. Readers are challenged to think through and solve numerous design problems while adhering to the latest Universal Building Code, CABO and SBCCI codes; meeting requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act; taking into account the latest NDS wood design standards; and considering the growing popularity of engineered lumber and steel construction.
Reflecting the National Standards Institute and American Society of Mechanical Engineers guidelines, this textbook focuses on the development of skills like sketching, descriptive geometry, dimensioning, and pictorial drawing, and then applies them to discussions of manufacturing materials and processes. All the engineering disciplines are covered, including welding, fluid power, piping, electricity and electronics, HVAC, and sheet metal. Methods and principles for preparing technically precise engineering drawings are featured throughout.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.