- Table View
- List View
Written to meet the most recent editions of IRC and IBC, this exceptional, full-color fifth edition is designed for beginning, intermediate, and advanced architectural drafters and CAD operators alike. Architectural Drafting and Design, 5E features the basics of residential design through the various types of projects that a designer or architect would likely complete during the actual design process. Coverage begins with an introduction to architectural styles that have dominated the field over the last four centuries, followed by basic design components related to the site and structure. A hallmark of this best-seller is its step-by-step instructions for the design and layout of each type of drawing associated with a complete set of architectural plans, with projects that can be completed using either CAD or manual drawing methods. Readers will come away with the knowledge needed to complete each of the drawings required by most municipalities to obtain a building permit for a single-family residence. Comprehensive coverage also explores the field of commercial drafting, as well as basic materials used for construction, common construction methods, and drawings typically associated with commercial construction.
This stellar new edition details step-by-step methods for the design and layout of each type of drawing required for a complete set of architectural plans. This comprehensive handbook also contains a copy of the AutoCAD 2000 direct-to-student software and dwg files of selected plans in the book, supplemented by expanded coverage of CADD and freehand sketching techniques. Readers are challenged to think through and solve numerous design problems while adhering to the latest Universal Building Code, CABO and SBCCI codes; meeting requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act; taking into account the latest NDS wood design standards; and considering the growing popularity of engineered lumber and steel construction.
The Comprehensive edition of AutoCAD and Its Applications combines the complete contents of the Basics and Advanced editions to provide flexibility in course design and teaching approaches. This package provides a complete program for teaching introductory and second-tier AutoCAD courses.
Reflecting the National Standards Institute and American Society of Mechanical Engineers guidelines, this textbook focuses on the development of skills like sketching, descriptive geometry, dimensioning, and pictorial drawing, and then applies them to discussions of manufacturing materials and processes. All the engineering disciplines are covered, including welding, fluid power, piping, electricity and electronics, HVAC, and sheet metal. Methods and principles for preparing technically precise engineering drawings are featured throughout.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.