- Table View
- List View
In the black depths of the ocean, a discovery has been made-one with the potential to change the future of humankind-and unleash mortal danger for those who know of its existence. Now, Haley Walthers is on the run. Her friend an mentor, Ben Anderson, is missing, and the one man she never thought she'd see again is the only man who can help her. Sam Wintripp is a former covert operative whose shadowy past has trained him to be as lethal as anyone he's up against. Together, they set out to find Ben-and learn the secret that a soulless corporate syndicate will do anything to possess. With a merciless enemy closing in, Haley and Sam must prevail in a brutal race. Against all odds, they'll risk everything to secure the extraordinary finding that in the wrong hands, could wreak untold devastation starting with the Pacific Northwest-and ending with the world ...
IN THIS SUSPENSE-PACKED THRILLER, A GENETIC EXPERIMENT GOES HORRIBLY WRONG...
Espionage expert Sam Wintripp's life takes a deadly turn when he rescues a beautiful woman from drowning. The pair work together to unravel an international conspiracy.
Deep in the wilds of the Amazon jungle, a rare insect is discovered to possess an incredible substance within its body-one that can alter the cells of the human brain. It is a breakthrough that could bring untold power - or unspeakable horror. Covert operative Sam Wintripp is charged with locating a researcher who is trying to uncover the secrets of the mysterious substance. But he is not alone. A ruthless terrorist is also on the hunt, with his own twisted plans to unleash a genetic nightmare on the world. Back in the states, Sam is caught in a desperate fight for survival against both a lethal enemy and a biological time bomb with the potential to cause global devastation. With the clock ticking and the stakes rising, Sam must risk everything to save himself, his team and the future of humanity..... S
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.