- Table View
- List View
Earth King Gaborn and his rival, Raj Ahten, continue their deadly war until reavers gruesome crab-shaped elephants with formidable magical powers compel them to join forces against a common enemy. Amid all the battles and intrigues, Farland explores the political and ethical dilemmas created by the rune system of magic.
Borenson is set on a quest to save the devastated world from certain destruction. But the land has been altered forever; in the change, Borenson has merged with a mighty and monstrous creature from the other world, Aaath Ulber. He begins to be a different person, a berserker warrior, as well as gaining a huge new body. Thousands have died, lands have sunk below the sea and elsewhere risen from it. The supernatural rulers of the worlds are part of a universal evil, yet play a byzantine game of dark power politics among themselves. And Aaath Ulber is now the most significant pawn in that game.
The Runelords has been hailed as one of the most original fantasy series to come along in a very long time. In this the fourth book, much of the action takes place underground and the forces of evil are still dominant.
A NEW CHAPTER BEGINS IN THE RUNELORDS SAGA. Gaborn's son, Fallion, is the resurrection of an immortal, one whose potential power is so great that he might be able to reorder the entire universe. It is now eight years after the events of The Lair of Bones. Fallion's enemies have decided that they must control him, or failing that, destroy him. He is only a child, but he is the heir to Gaborn's kingdom. He must flee to the ends of the earth to avoid the destruction of all that Gaborn accomplished.
The very Earth is in pain. Its wounds must be healed. There must arise a new king: the Earth King must be reborn. Only then will humanity have a chance to survive.
Wizardborn continues the story of the struggle of Gaborn, now the Earth King, who has lost his powers but continues to lead his people. He must contend with the threat of the huge, inhuman Reavers, whose myriads Gaborn and his forces must now pursue across the nation. It has become Gaborn's fate to follow, even into the depths. Raj Ahten, the great warlord endowed with the strength and qualities of thousands of men, once the primary threat to Gaborn, now struggles to retain his own empire. His war of conquest thwarted, his very life is now threatened by the Reaver thousands. And a young girl, Averan, who has eaten a Reaver and absorbed some of its memories, becomes a keystone in the search for the dark Reaver lare.
THE BESTSELLING EPIC BREAKS NEW GROUND After the events of Sons of the Oak, Fallion and Jaz, the sons of the great Earth King Gaborn, are living as fugitives in their own kingdom, a kingdom newly invaded and secretly controlled by supernatural beings of ultimate evil. The sons are hiding until they can regain their rightful places in the land. Fallion seems destined to heal the world and feels the supernatural calling to act. When he calls on his powers to do so, though, two entire worlds collapse into one, and every living thing on both worlds is transformed into an entirely new being--yet still somehow the same. Evil is certainly still the same and may have influenced this for a terrible purpose.
THE EPIC SAGA OF THE RUNELORDS CONTINUES At the end of Worldbinder, Fallion Orden, son of Gaborn, was imprisoned on a strange and fantastic world that he created by combining two alternate realities. It's a world brimming with dark magic, ruled by a creature of unrelenting evil who is gathering monstrous armies from a dozen planets in a bid to conquer the universe. Only Fallion has the power to mend the worlds, but at the heart of a city that is a vast prison, he lies in shackles. The forces of evil are growing and will soon rage across the heavens. Now, Fallion's allies must risk everything in an attempt to free him from the wyrmling horde.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.