- Table View
- List View
When it comes to food, nature provides a wealth of delicious choices. But each one also supplies unique health benefits. From apples to yogurt, this comprehensive encyclopedia of power foods from top nutritionist David Grotto proves that what tastes good can also be good for you--and tells you why. Did you know. . . * A handful of tart cherries before bed can help you sleep better * Hot peppers may fight skin cancer * Potatoes may reduce the risk of stroke * Grape juice may be as heart-healthy as red wine * Honey can help wounds heal faster In working with thousands of clients over many years and searching for the most nutritious and tasty foods, David Grotto made a simple but profound discovery: telling people what they couldn't eat was far less effective than telling them what they could. So began his list of power foods, rich in nutrients, loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants and important omega fats--and surprisingly more familiar than you might expect. More than a reference book,101 Foods That Could Save Your Lifewill make a significant impact on your health by guiding you to gradually add these foods to your diet. Plus, each entry includes a history of the food's origin, therapeutic benefits along with scientific research, tips for use and preparation, and an appetizing recipe from a leading chef or nutritionist. Prepare to awaken your tastebuds, lose excess weight, and feel the healing begin. From the Trade Paperback edition.
From headaches to joint pain, acne to anxiety, chronically a cold foot to depression, 101 Optimal Life Foods takes on thirty of the most common health issues-and shows you how to introduce healing to your through delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes. Inside you'll discover that
Is an orange or a guava the best source of vitamin C? Is farm-raised or wild salmon higher in omega 3 fats? If you've always wondered what foods to turn to when you need more fiber in your diet or which foods you can count on when you've got an upset stomach, The Best Things You Can Eat as the answers, and even a few surprises. Registered Dietitian and bestselling author David Grotto draws on the latest nutritional and scientific research to assemble the most authoritative compilation of food rankings ever produced. Here are just some of the useful lists you'll find inside:* 8 Best Foods for Lowering Cholesterol* Top 6 Foods to Control Your Blood Pressure* 7 Best Foods for Stopping Bad Breath* 5 Best Foods to Slow Down Aging* Top 5 Foods for Numbing Aches and Pains
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.