- Table View
- List View
This volume includes the major works of the British Empiricists, philosophers who sought to derive all knowledge from experience. All essays are complete except that of Locke, which Professor Richard Taylor of Brown University has skillfully abridged.
David Hume's philosophic work argues that causation does not really exist.
Scottish empiricist and philosopher David Hume's follow up to "A Treatise Of Human Nature," this text discusses the limits of human understanding, the role of determinism within the context of free will and the unstable foundations of religion.
This new volume in the Clarendon Hume series presents a definitive scholarly edition of one of the greatest works in the history of philosophy. In his elegant and lucid Enquiry Hume gives us an accessible presentation of a fully developed ethical theory. The distinguished Hume scholar Tom L. Beauchamp presents an authoritative text accompanied by introduction, annotation, glossary, biographical sketches, bibliographies, and indexes.
A Collection of essays from famous Scottish philosopher David Hume, one of the most prominent figures of the Scottish Enlightenment and a close friend of Adam Smith. Hume's contributions to economics are found mostly in his Political Discourses (1752), which were later incorporated into his Essays (1758).
David Hume has set out to bridge the gap between the learned world of the academy and the marketplace of polite society. The essays illustrates social, cultural, political, and historical concerns of the mid-eighteenth century.
El Tratado de la naturaleza humana es la cumbre de la filosofía de Hume. "La naturaleza humana, dice, es la única ciencia del hombre". En realidad, todas las ciencias se vinculan con la naturaleza humana, aun aquellas que parecen más independientes, como las matemáticas, la física y la religión natural; porque también éstas forman parte de los conocimientos del hombre y caen bajo el juicio de las potencias y las facultades humanas. La primera parte trata el conocimiento humano, el cómo de nuestro conocimiento, las sensaciones... La segunda parte habla de las pasiones. Y en la tercera de la moral. La filosofía de Hume procede a la vez del empirismo de Locke y del idealismo de Berkeley. Hume influyó en Kant y es inspirador de Adam Smith y de los economistas liberales clásicos.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.