- Table View
- List View
Louisiana Federal District Judge Jock Boucher returns in the second installment of this intriguing new thriller series by David Lyons.Trouble follows Federal Judge Jock Boucher. Having killed two men with his bare hands, Boucher feels he must leave the bench. The President sends a jet fighter to whisk the renegade judge from a Mexican vacation to the White House to convince him otherwise. He agrees to stay on and returns to his home in New Orleans's French Quarter. On the night of his return, he is accosted by an armed street thug. Boucher defends himself. His attacker ends up dead. With the body count rising around him, Boucher and his friend Detective Fitch of the New Orleans Police Department follow a trail of illegal "cop killer" bullets and discover that arms are being shipped to Mexican criminal insurgents. Their violent rampage across northern Mexico is blocking development of one of the world's largest energy fields, and powerful U.S. interests are determined to dislodge them by any means possible. Faced with the daunting possibility of hostilities with our neighbor to the south, the judge must find a way to avert armed conflict...while placing himself in mortal danger.
In this explosive debut thriller, a judge from the Louisiana bayou goes up against a company on the verge of causing an ecological disaster. Cajun-born Jock Boucher has overcome modest beginnings to assume the prestigious position of U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Louisiana. One of his first cases on the bench involves a scientist who has been hiding in mortal fear for more than twenty years. The fugitive claims that another judge accepted bribes and helped a relentless global energy company steal his intellectual property: a way to recover energy from below the subsea bed that could end America's dependence on foreign oil. Boucher takes on the company and its powerful founder, risking not only his judicial career but his life. He follows a trail of cryptic clues to the bottom of the ocean, and soon finds himself the target of killers--and too far from the law to ever return. Packed with suspense, science, politics, and murder, this fast-paced, riveting thriller will have readers on the edge of their seats. Ice Fire is the first in a series offered by this authentic new talent.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.