- Table View
- List View
Louisiana Federal District Judge Jock Boucher returns in the second installment of this intriguing new thriller series by David Lyons.Trouble follows Federal Judge Jock Boucher. Having killed two men with his bare hands, Boucher feels he must leave the bench. The President sends a jet fighter to whisk the renegade judge from a Mexican vacation to the White House to convince him otherwise. He agrees to stay on and returns to his home in New Orleans's French Quarter. On the night of his return, he is accosted by an armed street thug. Boucher defends himself. His attacker ends up dead. With the body count rising around him, Boucher and his friend Detective Fitch of the New Orleans Police Department follow a trail of illegal "cop killer" bullets and discover that arms are being shipped to Mexican criminal insurgents. Their violent rampage across northern Mexico is blocking development of one of the world's largest energy fields, and powerful U.S. interests are determined to dislodge them by any means possible. Faced with the daunting possibility of hostilities with our neighbor to the south, the judge must find a way to avert armed conflict...while placing himself in mortal danger.
In this explosive debut thriller, a judge from the Louisiana bayou goes up against a company on the verge of causing an ecological disaster. Cajun-born Jock Boucher has overcome modest beginnings to assume the prestigious position of U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Louisiana. One of his first cases on the bench involves a scientist who has been hiding in mortal fear for more than twenty years. The fugitive claims that another judge accepted bribes and helped a relentless global energy company steal his intellectual property: a way to recover energy from below the subsea bed that could end America's dependence on foreign oil. Boucher takes on the company and its powerful founder, risking not only his judicial career but his life. He follows a trail of cryptic clues to the bottom of the ocean, and soon finds himself the target of killers--and too far from the law to ever return. Packed with suspense, science, politics, and murder, this fast-paced, riveting thriller will have readers on the edge of their seats. Ice Fire is the first in a series offered by this authentic new talent.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.