- Table View
- List View
Thomas Edward Lawrence, more popularly known as Lawrence of Arabia, was one of the most iconic figures of the 20th century, immortalized on stage and screen, whose exploits in the Middle East in the second half of World War I helped shape the campaign in that part of the world. In the course of two brief years, Lawrence emerged as one of the main strategic and tactical minds behind the Arab Revolt. He went from being an obscure staff officer to the rank of full colonel and became one of the men who shaped the modern Middle East. From being a pure amateur, he also developed desert tactics that would be used throughout World War II and afterwards. This new Command title provides an in-depth analysis of every aspect of Lawrence's storied military career.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Molecular Neuroendocrinology: From Genome to Physiology, provides researchers and students with a critical examination of the steps being taken to decipher genome complexity in the context of the expression, regulation and physiological functions of genes in neuroendocrine systems. The 19 chapters are divided into four sectors: A) describes and explores the genome, its evolution, expression and the mechanisms that contribute to protein, and hence biological, diversity. B) discusses the mechanisms that enhance peptide and protein diversity beyond what is encoded in the genome through post-translational modification. C) considers the molecular tools that today's neuroendocrinologists can use to study the regulation and function of neuroendocrine genes within the context of the intact organism. D) presents a range of case studies that exemplify the state-of-the-art application of genomic technologies in physiological and behavioural experiments that seek to better understand complex biological processes. * Written by a team of internationally renowned researchers* Both print and enhanced e-book versions are available* Illustrated in full colour throughout This is the third volume in a new Series 'Masterclass in Neuroendocrinology' , a co- publication between Wiley and the INF (International Neuroendocrine Federation) that aims to illustrate highest standards and encourage the use of the latest technologies in basic and clinical research and hopes to provide inspiration for further exploration into the exciting field of neuroendocrinology. Series Editors: John A. Russell, University of Edinburgh, UK and William E. Armstrong, The University of Tennessee, USA
Practical methods for the generation and analysis of transgenic animals, covering a comprehensive range of species, from invertebrates to lower vertebrates to higher vertebrates. Chapters examine ways in which transgenic techniques can be used to address many problems in biological systems present in-depth descriptions of analytical methods, and give step-by-step techniques that can be easily performed in your lab.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.